Numberplate Lights

QuiggyWoo

Club Member (Trial)
Hello people!
I have just purchased a 1.2GSX J plate Micra and I'm currently working on the engine to get it as close to perfect as I can before I start to work on improving it.

I've services the car. Its got 104,000 on the clock and has not been services since 2002! (Previous owner was an old dear who used it to go to the shops and back. Bless) I've changed all the bulbs as half of them did not work including the headlights.

My problem is this..... I have changed the numberplate lights on the rear as they never come on. I pulled the stupid metal cover off. removed the bulb holders and replaced with new bulbs. I cleaned all the connections both on the bulb strip and on the strip at the top of the tailgate however they still do not come on. The fuse is fine and there is a current coming through but the bulbs will not come on. Has anyone had this problem?

I have tried to source new bulb holders but the Nissan Dealer that I have used has none in stock? Also eBay is a dead donkey as 1991 Micra parts seem few and far between.

That sounds strange that you have current but no illumination. Are the earth's intact? maybe the bulbs although replaced have blown / crap and don't work. It's happened to me before! but i'd check the earths :)

Sadly the bulb holders are a bit impossible to get, go to a scrappy, the metal 'ground' terminal that holds the bulbs is usually the problem, WD40 it, if all else fails get some LED numberplate lights and holders (the kind for motorbikes) and put them on, it'll give it a low profile look as well.

:laugh: Well thank you. It was very simple (When pointed in the right direction) I have just run a secondary earth lead from the main (right) side bulb to a nut on the tailgate and hey presto I have numberplate lights. :laugh: Thank you.

Back