Reversing Lights!

L

LK1

After my first fortnight at university i've come back to find that my reversing lights strangely don't work. Its not the bulbs as i've checked those and i've little idea as to what it might be. All my other lights work fine. Any help would be appreciated.

P.s. My dash handbrake light no longer works either and thats not the bulb either, any ideas on this problem?

Thanks

check the 3rd and 9th fuses in the box the first one is a 15A the second is eitha a 10 or 15A fuse. they are both on the same circuit, i would scan the wiring diagrams but im not sure if thats allowed (there from my haynes). If you've got the blue haynes check the diagrams on 14.4/14.20/14.33 depending on your car, hope that helps if not follow the wiring and clean the connectors.

the reverse lights is more than likely the reverse light switch in the gearbox, they can hard to remove without destroying it

handbrake light:

could be the "spring switch" under the handbrake cowel....its a pain to rework.... but if you tinker with it in situ by hand, you will be able to tell if this is the problem here (try gently manipulating the contacts between open and closed)

I have had some awfull difficulty in the past with this "embarrassing excuse" for a peice of engineering and design !!

thanks i'll have a look when i get back home as i'm stuck at uni for the next week or so

Back