Not starting

hi i have a 2000 1.4 se micra with a cg13 engine that wont start it will run fine on easy start but not on its own it give me the error code

P0342 Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit Low
Input (Bank 1 or Single Sensor)

ive replaced the sensor but no luck
any help is greatly appreciated at this point before i pull the engine out and replace the timing chain as a last resort

Hey there,
Would like to know, if you do, what's the ampere output of the fuel pump for the 1996 (K11) Nissan Marche/Micra. I got a reading of 4.5/4.6 AMPS. Im trying to solve a fuel system issue.

I got a spark; I sprayed some starting fluid in the throttle body and it started but, turned off about three minutes later. I also dropped some fuel in the throttle body and it also started but, but it turned off about 10 minutes later. So far I changed the fuel filter (no change)/same symptoms. I'm not getting enough fuel pressure(42 PSI).
I'm thinking it's either the fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator.
As mentioned earlier in the thread I'm only getting an amp reading of 4.5/4.6. From searching around the 'net' it doesn't seem to be enough amp for fuel pressure. What do you think? Appreciate your thoughts.

You sure you have the right section? Is it a k12 micra with cr14 engine? Or k11

If k12 then its as follows

Its a timing chain stretched or variable valve soleinoid sticking. I bet your rev gauge sticks and fluctuates too?

With ignition OFF

1 remove crank sensor and clean end.

2 remove and inspect cam sensor and clean

3 by oil filler cap at back of engine you will see a silver cylinder with Green connector, disconnect and undo 10mm bolt (dont drop it) soak the solenoid in petrol and shake it clean. Make sure the brown gauze isnt blocked. Refit and plug in. Start car. If it still wont start inspect chain protrusion

Remove rocker cover and look at tensioner. If the tensioner cylinder is out more than 10mm then thain is stretched and needs replacing

Check your ecu for water damage. Also check the wiring. With ign on at cam sensor check for voltage. If you probe the outer two wires you should have 4-5v
Black wire is ground green with white trace is ecu live to sensor. If there ok check continuity from middle wire (signal wire green with yellow trace) to terminal 44 of ecu. ( middle row 12 terminals in from the flat side of connector). Hope this helps

Back