Not engaging gear

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Right took the st out last night noticed it was hard to engage gear but was ok thought I was'nt pushing the clytch down down enough that one time,has a nismo pressure plate(quite stiff) and a paddle clutch disc. So later on after the car had been parked up for a bit I got in and it would'nt engage at all so I switched the engine and forced it in to reverse, started the engine again and the car started moving itself even though the clutch peddle depressed.

So knocked off the engine again and popped the bonnet and got the girlfriend to press the clutch, cble was pulling the arm on the gearbox and from I could see there was no problen there, so closed the bonnet and tryed again and it went into every gear fine with the engine off! so started it up and it was fine got me home but the biting point is alot higher that it was before this happened.

The clutch is'nt slipping but it feels like the last time it ate a clutch all the springs in the clutch plate broke or fell out into the bell housing

Was thinging the cable could be stretched be it seems to be moving the arm perfectly

Check the end of the cables mine stretched and ultimately snapped, and also I bent the clutch pedal arm on mine and had to replace it.

Either way its bad so start looking harder...

Check the end of the cables mine stretched and ultimately snapped, and also I bent the clutch pedal arm on mine and had to replace it.

Either way its bad so start looking harder...

Cool man thank, I have an original St clutch plate on the way from Yosi @ j's garage since last week si its good timing. I have a new cable sitting there aswell,that clutch has been in about a year now and I remember you said I would have problems. Anyway the g'box will be out soon enough and I'll check out the pedal arm on it and make sure everything else is 100%.

Should I strip down the g'box and check it out to as its still the orginal one, it has done 20-30k kms at 150hp?

Baz

if the cable was stretched it'd move the biting point down not up so i'd think it'd be a problem with yer pressure plate or maybe the release bearing! was that ever changed?
also the pedal in the car might have bent but i doubt the clutch fork in the box would have but again the pedal bending would cause the biting point to go down not up!

if the cable was stretched it'd move the biting point down not up so i'd think it'd be a problem with yer pressure plate or maybe the release bearing! was that ever changed?
also the pedal in the car might have bent but i doubt the clutch fork in the box would have but again the pedal bending would cause the biting point to go down not up!

I get ya, yeah they were changed for a nismo pressure plate and new bearing last time, I reckon it the disc myself as the disc wears the biting point comes up . the last one was destroyed by torque and a mate thats used to driving hondas driving it lol

Back