Non starting Micra K12

T

twisterboy

Hi there

My little micra K12 has yet again got it's curse!!

I came home from work this afternoon to turn over my car and nothing happend no noise.

Called out Green Flag who managed to hot wire from inside the engine and took it down to the garage who advised it needs a new ignition switch.

My patience is finally running out on my K12 and with the garage!!

Is this a common problem with the micra or if it has happened to anybod else.

I think I might be changing for a K11.

Davy:alien:

It only happend to me once, but that was after I had the radio out and I think i touched one of the positive cables to the speaker on the bodywork. I just pulled the ecu fuse out and it sorted it (and I put it back in of course).

But then I don't have my K12 any more so I can't help more than that.

Thanks Masterbiker,

I will let you know when I hear anymore as it is sitting in the garage waitng to be fixed tomorrow morning.

Davy

My friends K12 woulnt start, the starter didnt even kick in, just as you turned the key, nothing happened. So i turned the key and waited for the light with the picture of a key in a car to go off, then turned the key the rest of the way and it started first time....
Has this happened to anyone else before?

Kev

Mine used to be like that but where it would not turn and I would have to turn of the ignition and back on again after a couple of times it would start but I think this led to the ignition switch breaking.

I got my car back on tuesday night after a long and heated arguement with the garage they were going to get a part in from sunderland which would take a couple of days. Its amazing that when you turn the heat up on the garage it so much easy to get the part from another branch in edinburgh.

I tell you a funny throught this nissan approved main dealer tried to tell me my car never came in even through i took it in the night before.

I'm writing a letter to the cheif exec about the staffs attitude and about their poor service on my car.

Car is running ok but for how long??

my k 12: i was going to edinbourgh zoo when you know that hill when you get to the car park? it cut out and the mailfunction light came on the manual said the orange light was ok but take it to the main dealer. An hour later it started after letting the car roll back down the hill to flat ground . i took it back to sunderland and they just re set the codes saying they didnt know what the problem was? that was with exactly to the point 12k on the clock(funnie eh?(micra k12=12k miles????!!!!))!
fat lot of good reg vardy are when they say your on board computer is lying to ya even tho it wouldnt start for an hour! lol its ok now tho the codes have been re set get your dealer to do that it sorted my k12 out but only had the problem once mind also the car seems to be loosing the power it had when i first bought it i hope this is of some help to you mate :upside:

Well I've been through two K12's and never had a single problem with the ignition so cant be much help. I've just been through 4 stereos and 2 alarm controllers instead. lol

Back