non starter

my mum in laws l reg 1.0l stopped working the other day, it was ok at night, put in the garage, and the next morning it was dead, there is fuel at the plugs, but no spark, ive swapped the dizzy and cap and rotor arm from my 1.3but no success, ive even swapped my ecu for hers, but that didn't work, strangely enough her ecu wouldnt work on mine either, i thought they'd be interchangable, the fuses are all ok, and all connections are ok, i'm now thinking it could be a crank position sensor, but i can't find it to check it, any ideas anyone? coz i'm on the verge of paying for a mobile car sparky to look at it, BIG BUCKS, and i don't want to do that.:confused:

Could be a NATS problem, or a dodgy earth, check all of them in the engine bay - does it have NATS?

no, its not got nats, its a '93, well before nats, I think I'll end up buying a second hand dizzy complete with all the gubbins that it entails, see what happens then, thats where the problem lies I think.

does the engine turnover if it does take the oil cap off and get someone to crank it while u look at the camshaft. if it turns then it aint a broken timing chain, ive had a few micras where it cranks and on consult it says camshaft sensor so i replaced the dizzy still wouldnt start so found timing chain broke

nope, timing chain is ok, im pretty sure a replacement dizzy will do it, thanks for the input though. :grinning:

Back