non-Fatal Hesitation

So now I'm a bit confused with this BOSCH throttlebody...

On fitting a new MAF sensor I got the engine management light to go out, and the hesitation issue stopped; :) for about a week/100 miles, then -
on Tuesday I could feel it start to go again (though nowhere near as bad as last time) and the orange light came back:glare:

I got a code reader off ebay and it read 2 faults:
P0100 MAF or VAF A Circuit Malfunction
P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Having deleted the codes, the light has gone out and the car runs much better so far (for 1 day!).
So, finally a question: is the O2 sensor actually the lamda sensor fitted to the exhaust manifold, because that was changed by mum's mechanic last October...:suspect:
And also, have I been sold a dodgy MAF sensor or could there be a fault elsewhere in that system?
thanks in advance, G.

yours will have 2 lambda,s G, and members have had problems with the 2nd one before ( though your reader has flagged the 1st one eh )

Thanks Shaun, but the MAF sensor was new, though I did choose the cheapest I could find (£27 from AutoSense off ebay)...

Oh yeah Frank, I recall you did say something about the lambda sensors when you took a look under the bonnet for me, though I can't remember what it was you said...

Would buying a 'multimeter' (and learning how to use it!) be of any use here ?

Thanks again.

Thanks Shaun, but the MAF sensor was new, though I did choose the cheapest I could find (£27 from AutoSense off ebay)...

Oh yeah Frank, I recall you did say something about the lambda sensors when you took a look under the bonnet for me, though I can't remember what it was you said...

Would buying a 'multimeter' (and learning how to use it!) be of any use here ?

Thanks again.

the russian or polish pdf,s cover the coilpack engine G, and the sentra manual http://www.aubreyandcharles.com/ServiceManuals/Nissan/Sentra/ explains about how the ecu changes to batch firing of the injectors etc when in limp mode (when your light comes on) and gives loads of diagnostic values that you can check :grinning:

Back