NME kitted micra on ebay!

Doesn't look too bad actually. Good starting point if that's the kind of styling you want, looks like it could do with having a few more things done to it. Other than that, not bad at all (Y). I'd buy it if I had £700 :grinning:

Nah that's not original. Last NME I saw got scrapped and the interior is not NME spec! :) does look nice and I really like the alloys!

Pepper

I am dead sure I saw that car on the road several years ago. I chased one just like it around the Oxford area, (M4/A33 interchange). It's definately an NME bodykit and alloys however there is no information regarding any of the other NME upgrades which were available from the catalogue, (ecu, cams, suspension etc). I expect it's just the bodyit, as there's no Janspeed manifold or system and the bilstein suspension systems they had were pretty mega.

You have to remember Mikes old car was a very special one off being the NME demo car and actually had an official NME chassis plate to go with it. This does not, but all I do know is very few cars ever bothered to have any of the upgrades, as a top of the line GX or SuperS back in the day was already a lot of money, (not that they actually charged a lot for the bolt ons mind!).

I doubt it will go for much...but it looks in ok nick for a 97 plate and good mileage too. My worry would be the sills as usual, could mean some extensive bodywork if they are gone.

wow i didn't know the body kit was copied i thought that was a one off NME job, that would be ultra rare, but just the kit not the rest of the car

I had a full NME options list once with everything on it, however by the time you have added everything on it made the K11 extremely expensive, (shame I no longer have a copy). The SuperS we drive around in now, were around £11k'ish, which in the mid 90's was quite a lot for a small car such as the Micra! Many of the reasons you rarely find fully loaded K11's around.

It may have been a left over kit which was sold off etc. The rear spoiler is an oddity though, as the rumourmill made out that the rear spoiler on Mikes old NME Streetcar was a one off and something which was done when Clarion owned the car to make it look more flash........interesting though! There was an article on the car which was kicking around way back when. Either way, it has the tow hook cover, which was something that was always missing on the Blue demo car.

Interestingly though the old NME streetcar shell is currently unlicenced but the licence only ran out on 1st April 2011, so it's still alive in some form...

That is mike's car.
jae21.JPG

jae22.JPG

jae23.JPG

I went out in it and it's certainly "the real deal". I think the ECU pooped itself or some such and the cost of replacing it was so great it wrote the car off essentially :(

I miss that car so much, it was absolutely hilarious good fun to drive but as James mentions the cost of the repair to the car was equal to the value of the car. Unfortunately at the time I didn't have that sort of money lying about, if it happened today it would still live.

That is why my sig say's miss you.

lost for words at the moment :grinning: , keep scrolling up and down looking at him again and again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That was a bad ass car, no way was it 98bhp, was way more. Chie's had 98bhp and couldn't even touch it.

it may actually be, Matt Humphris took me for a spin in his stock 75bhp machine, and it had a different final gear ratio in the gearbox (1k if you want to buy a gearbox with this mod!) and it just flew, sure you loose some top speed but wow it just accelerated like it was effortless

Back