Nissanubaru Micra WRX i'll explain

Yea man at some stage lol i started rust work an thats about it.. just to find a gear box for it now
@Belly93 may have a gearbox for sale :)
I've started rust work on mine now too... should of veen done years ago but its been proved I'm working backwards
This red one had no rust whatsoever

@Belly93 may have a gearbox for sale :)
I've started rust work on mine now too... should of veen done years ago but its been proved I'm working backwards
This red one had no rust whatsoever
Yea I know what ya mean man its a pig i tell ya. .what box u got??? Im doing a turbo build it was an auto but i want it to be manual

More steel has been ordered... further strengthen and put in those finishing shell pieces. Where it will be painted while bare :) I'm not expecting a brilliant paint job but all 1 colour should be nice

Then it'll go back together for the final time and testing will begin.
After this we look at more power :D

Because Pushrod Suspension
DSC01649.JPG
DSC01650.JPG
DSC01651.JPG
DSC01652.JPG
DSC01653.JPG
DSC01655.JPG
DSC01656.JPG
DSC01657.JPG
DSC01658.JPG

Update of sorts

Well it'll soon be time to blow the dust off this thing and get it done

But first a little update. My little workshop shall be getting a spray booth stuck in soon now the workload has eased slightly. Not a massive one but sufficient to get Nissanubaru sprayed in the chosen colour

That said there's also a matching motorbike being built in a similar manner and design. Which should look somewhat awesome

But my first task is to get a disassembled car over to said unit but we've got plans made up

So in the next few weeks.. and over the jolly period this project should finally get back on track in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned :D

Little setback. Whilst being stored in my garden all that time the rust has gotten to those parts that were unprotected. Instead of wasting time I'm cutting it out and replacing it.

At the same time I'll be making
-Custom hydraulic pedal box
- Custom floor pan with seat rails
-New chassis arm going longitudinally down the car to 1) be stronger than OEM and 2) properly house the subaru wishbone's rear bushes

This'll also include new pipe mounts (brake and fuel)
-Hydraulic and cable handbrake mounts
-Mid mounted battery pan
-A small storage space (gotta be a little practical

If I make my mind up on the rear seat bench then the following will happen
-Tie in seat bench chassis arm to new longer rails
-Remove curved bottom
-Create fuel tank mounts for impreza tank
-Remove wheel well
-Create rear radiator mounts
-Remake pushrod suspension anchor point higher up
-move rear sub frame higher into the shell to suit the final look

Back