Nissan Primera GT 1997 good?

jonnyfatman

Ex. Club Member
Hi all,

Someone I know is selling a Primera GT 2.0l and I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about them, like any pitfalls to look out for when buying secondhand etc.
I'm looking to replace my 1l micra, but I'd like to stick with Nissan as they seem to make pretty damn reliable cars.
Any advice would be appreciated, especially on what sort of money I should expect to pay for an R-reg one.
Cheers,
Jonny

depends on condition and modifications...

between 800 and 1600 pounds.. for #### Poor to Mint condition..

Ive got a modified Primera eGT and I cannot fault the car.. Very fast, Very reliable and more economical that I thought.. plus insurence cat 8 which is very low for what it is..

Cheers for the responses so far. Cosmetically, I can't fault its condition. Alloys seem in good condition and brakes have recently had a good seeing-to. It's having an MOT before it gets sold and I'm very tempted!
The only dodgy thing about it is its orangey-red colour, but I'm coming round to the idea of that anyway.

Meh... Its a P11 GT. One of the best handling cars in the world. Why would you say no?

If I had the chance I would SOOOOO scrap the micra. lol

im mates with a mechanic who drives that exact primera from the sounds of it, brilliant cars, and if you do get it, enjoy it, cos its one of the last decent cars nissan made (i.e actually japanese, not french)

Craig_87 said:
im mates with a mechanic who drives that exact primera from the sounds of it, brilliant cars, and if you do get it, enjoy it, cos its one of the last decent cars nissan made (i.e actually japanese, not french)

I'm getting sick of hearing this hey!

Nissan could build a car alright but they've hardly been what you could call "standout" performers. Nissans old way of building cars SENT THEM BROKE.

Let the whole renault thing die. Seriously.

Nissans range from 1990 to 2000 is outstanding.. from then on in.. crap..

From the 200sx to 350Z

From the R32

The K11

The P10 and P11

The N14 +

The Sunny GTIR

etc..

All much better designed than many of the competitors range.... IMO

Back