Nissan Micra Automatics ?

Hello, i'm new here and would like some info on micra automatics, currently don't own any but may do so very soon depending on what i can find out about them, have ridden once in a Micra 1.2 S k12 model, courtesy car, a manuel one and thought it was well built and solid, remember how heavy the doors felt.

Anyway, been driving a vauxhall corsa b manuel for a year, passed in november 2010 and want to have a go in a automatic, looked online and read that Japanese automatics seem to be the best out there, and so thought of asking you guys and gals as you may have experiance and be able to inform me if i should or shouldn't, checked out the easytronic vauxhall semi-auto, will be giving that a miss lol.

So thanks, in advance for any help, info and your replys, Mike. :)

I personally can't get my head around automatics, I've driven an automatic note, and an automatic fiesta, and whilst the fiesta was still a bit easier it was still a bit of a mind****.

But, I'd say stick with a manual. You get better performance and fuel economy, which seems crazy to pass up to avoid having to press a pedal down and move a lever a few times whilst you drive. Am I right in saying the Corsa B is a 4 speed? I sat in an L reg 1.2 Corsa B the other day and, it was incredibly sparse compared to my L reg micra of last year, didn't even have a glovebox! Get a K11 or K12 manual and I think you'll be very happy.

I personally can't get my head around automatics, I've driven an automatic note, and an automatic fiesta, and whilst the fiesta was still a bit easier it was still a bit of a mind####.

But, I'd say stick with a manual. You get better performance and fuel economy, which seems crazy to pass up to avoid having to press a pedal down and move a lever a few times whilst you drive. Am I right in saying the Corsa B is a 4 speed? I sat in an L reg 1.2 Corsa B the other day and, it was incredibly sparse compared to my L reg micra of last year, didn't even have a glovebox! Get a K11 or K12 manual and I think you'll be very happy.

Well as i said, never owned automatic, and just really wanting info on them from people that have, my Corsa B was 5 speed, V reg 1.2 GLS 5d
my 1st car with glovebox ;), will give the K11 and K12 a looksy, thanks.

I once did £19k damage to an automatic company Volvo! Was only nipping out to fill up using my fuel card as a favour for someone, and forgot that wasn't driving a manual (no clutch but an oversized brake pedal instead). Haven't driven one since ;-)

Back