Nissan Micra 1.3 K11

Hi,

new to this forum, so all help appreciated

i have a slight problem with the speed of the car the problem is that when i start driving my car and start going into higher gears and as car picks up speed the gas seems to kick in late like a turbo and seems as if gas is slightly delayed therefore when my foot touches and pushes the pedel for more speed especially up hill the gas always kicks in late the need does rattle meaning it goes up and down in shaky movement generally which may be an issue but no idea.

Thanks and open to any suggestions i have tried the solder thing for the throttle but no luck i will try again as maybe i havent done it right or maybe not the issue. :grinning:

You'd probably have had more replies if you posted a better thread title. Welcome to the boards though, you may want to try searching for a solution

it could be that its just a micra :p so going fast or uphill is not really its thing lol...

is there any noises coming from the engine bay that shouldn't be there? sometimes it can be the gearbox playing up.

if the car is shaking alot then it could be the tracking on the car, a garage can check the wheels are pointing the same way.

if the engine sounds like it is dying or struggling then could be a fueling problem or an air flow problem. check that the air and fuel filters are clean.

there are no noises from car it seems to give gas after a sec or 2 gap sometimes longer and not instant as should be i went to a garage and he said it may be the throttle therefore i thought i may need to tb solder it again maybe not done right. any other ideas of what it could be maybe fuel filter or carbarator where are these 2 things located?

You have fuel injection which is a pose to carbs.

Did you mean to write 'the needle does rattle' in your original post?

What mileage is your k11?

yes needle rattles not badly but it isnt smooth as it should normally be it flickers, any ideas m8, and im not sure about this carb thing where is it and what do i check and do also this fual filter thankx. just that the fuel/gas kicks in late as power increases, miliage is about about 65000 its an 1.3 lx 2 door, no engines mods

micraboy

if you mean the tacho needle is bouncing, i doubt it,s fuel starvation (that would be making the engine hold back, ie gutless) and it would more likely be a missfire, imo

I don't suggest this guy videos himself while driving :glance:

If the needle is bouncing, and it's not getting much power, then it's one of the following:

Gearbox
Track rod end
Tracking
Driveshaft
Fuel filter
Air filter
Diff

Anything really. You need a garage to have a look at something like that, try posting a video though to let us know what you mean.

ill take it to the garage tomorrow first and see what he rekons and then ill get back to you lot to see what you lot think. thanks again

ill take it to the garage tomorrow first and see what he rekons and then ill get back to you lot to see what you lot think. thanks again

Probably your best idea. If a garage can't sort it by physically looking at it, I don't think many of us can be helping you over a forum though mate.

problem is a garage may be able to fix it but they will probably charge you loads for things you don't need. if you can get a video or at least audio of how the engine sounds then it would help. if you tell us what the garage think it is then we may be able to suggest a cheaper option of fixing the same fault

hi,

new thread posted about lock replacement as car got broken into by a smackhead!!!!! lucky not much damage besides deck gone and lock damages!

I so a guy at garage it seems the this late gas issue (when i put my foot down a bit and gas is given late like a turbo) is due to my clutch needing a change does this seem right i will go to a few others. i think it could be as the throttle i soldered twice just incase and seems ok.

any clues lads

hi,

new thread posted about lock replacement as car got broken into by a smackhead!!!!! lucky not much damage besides deck gone and lock damages!

I so a guy at garage it seems the this late gas issue (when i put my foot down a bit and gas is given late like a turbo) is due to my clutch needing a change does this seem right i will go to a few others. i think it could be as the throttle i soldered twice just incase and seems ok.

any clues lads

When you put your foot down does it rev really high then gradually drop, and when you change gear does it slip?

The clutch won't affect sluggish acceleration.. it's a fuel related matter.

Try servicing the car, full service. Clutch is an expensive thing to change and a waste.

yes thats exatly what happens revs up then down but gear does not slip, i doubt it myself if its the clutch but im gonna take it to a few more garages but so for throttle issue is the main problem i think but ill get reassurance from a few more if so ill try getting a second hand throttle as ive soldered it a few times and no luck.

yes thats exatly what happens revs up then down but gear does not slip, i doubt it myself if its the clutch but im gonna take it to a few more garages but so for throttle issue is the main problem i think but ill get reassurance from a few more if so ill try getting a second hand throttle as ive soldered it a few times and no luck.

So you're saying when you put your foot flat down in 2nd gear, it will rev high, then the revs will drop back down and it'll start pulling away?

Because yes, that does sound like the clutch.

I have the same problem with my car mate. I am going to try and solder the throttle body as the clutch seems to be working fine. I'm also going to service the car on Friday so will let you know if the problem persists or not?

i think i know what it is after going to a few garages it is the clutch when im going up hill etc as dew stated above it gives off high revsso need new clutch not throttle as i did solder that a few times and so no difference so its clutch for me.

any ideas where to get cheap clutches from for a nissam micra 1.3 lx i checked on ebay and there are loads going for 30 to 40 pound would these suffice i dont need no sport clutch etcjust a to b. any links folks appreciated.....thanks

p.s wheres the best place to get gear oil which i might need as the garage guy said? wich 1 would you recommend?

i think i know what it is after going to a few garages it is the clutch when im going up hill etc as dew stated above it gives off high revsso need new clutch not throttle as i did solder that a few times and so no difference so its clutch for me.

any ideas where to get cheap clutches from for a nissam micra 1.3 lx i checked on ebay and there are loads going for 30 to 40 pound would these suffice i dont need no sport clutch etcjust a to b. any links folks appreciated.....thanks

p.s wheres the best place to get gear oil which i might need as the garage guy said? wich 1 would you recommend?

Where do you live?

£40 is about right at any car parts spares place..

It's about £90 fitting though.

Make sure it's definatly that, and tbh.. I'd wait until it really goes.

I waited until mine needed a push to move it that's how bad it slipped.. dangerous yes.. cost effective yes! Credit Crunch; saving every penny!

north west m8, fitting im getting under 50 quid so its ok i might go 4 a blueprint clutch for 50 quid baring in mind its an 1.3 so want a gud quality 1 and dnt want a crap 1 and do the job again as it should last now.

ps could wait but its too much stress on the engine especially uphills where power kicks in late wasting petrol and being a bit dangerous if i want to turn quick or move quick so thought might aswell.

Back