Nissan MICRA - engine runs irregularly - Micra k11 slx 1994 1.000cc

Hello I am writing to you hoping that someone among you has solved a mechanical malfunction that I have on my Micra.

Issue: Episodically at the beginning. Even after months in different situations of use and climate, but now more frequently in the last few days, it has this behavior: The engine does not increase revolutions beyond a certain point and "sobs" as if there was no gas or had a malfunction in the distribution. Sometimes it recovers, sobbing a little, but lately I have been forced to pull over and wait for the engine to start again. When the engine stops, it is difficult to restart. If it starts it increase the rpms but then it collapses. But normally it works very well.

The mechanic changed the fuel pump without improvement and says that no failure is present: In the distributor (when it does not work there are other symptoms). Ditto for sensors, for crankshaft and camshaft. Has anyone run into this problem by solving it? The only appreciable thing in the car is a discrete noise to the distribution. Could this be the origin of the malfunction? That a distribution, a little loose and noisy, gives such episodes.

The Micra has 70 thousand / km and runs like clockwork. New spark plug cables, spark plugs ok, replacement of filters and punctual coupons. It has the LPG gas system but this defect was present even before and presents it both with gas and with petrol (it seems more evident that the problem is in the petrol supply). PS: If it is a useful info. The car has a problem of keeping the battery voltage, in fact it discharges the battery in 5 days and not having found the leakage, I install a battery switch.

Grazie Mille Igor

Last edited:
Hello I am writing to you hoping that someone among you has solved a mechanical malfunction that I have on my Micra.

Issue: Episodically at the beginning. Even after months in different situations of use and climate, but now more frequently in the last few days, it has this behavior: The engine does not increase revolutions beyond a certain point and "sobs" as if there was no gas or had a malfunction in the distribution. Sometimes it recovers, sobbing a little, but lately I have been forced to pull over and wait for the engine to start again. When the engine stops, it is difficult to restart. If it starts it increase the rpms but then it collapses. But normally it works very well.

The mechanic changed the fuel pump without improvement and says that no failure is present: In the distributor (when it does not work there are other symptoms). Ditto for sensors, for crankshaft and camshaft. Has anyone run into this problem by solving it? The only appreciable thing in the car is a discrete noise to the distribution. Could this be the origin of the malfunction? That a distribution, a little loose and noisy, gives such episodes.

The Micra has 70 thousand / km and runs like clockwork. New spark plug cables, spark plugs ok, replacement of filters and punctual coupons. It has the LPG gas system but this defect was present even before and presents it both with gas and with petrol (it seems more evident that the problem is in the petrol supply). PS: If it is a useful info. The car has a problem of keeping the battery voltage, in fact it discharges the battery in 5 days and not having found the leakage, I install a battery switch.

Grazie Mille Igor
I have my late mother's 45000 mile k11 1.0 manual LX SORN at moment for same reason. Started an hour after driving (warm weather) as minor hiccups from engine and then got so bad had to stop. AA attended and tried all they could. I think this is a known issue with k11 but would very much like to hear what fixes yours. Would be nice to get it back on road.