niggling issues with k10's

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
ok. peeps

just a quick gather of info :p

list some niggly things that are annoying about k10's as standard :)

I.e.

oil filler cap;;grr. plastic rubber. not screw type so a bugger to get off, and a bigger grr to get it back on without stomping on the engine to get it on :p

so.....

name your FOE

edit : just to note. no srtupid comments like there rust buckets now!! i mean more of what probs from factory. so no sarcastic comments

1. Poor headlight seals, had several sets most of which let in water

2. bonnet opens the wrong way, making it annoying sometimes working on the engine

3. Rear drums are prone to siezing up

4. tailgate sqeeks

5. door card poppers and surrounds are terrible for coming loose and breaking off

That's about all I think of that annoyed me sometimes, there's probably more lol

Kev

Yeah, oil filler caps are a bit of a bugger, also I agree with Kev on the lights. Also the grinding noise which often seems to appear on the front brakes. Erm... can't think of anymore right now. :)

oil filler cap;;grr. plastic rubber. not screw type so a bugger to get off, and a bugger grr to get it back on without stomping on the engine to get it on :p

Yeah, I lost my original one on the motorway cuz it had been on and off too much then couldn't find a replacement anywhere grr

My niggle, especially being a big guy is getting to half the things on the engine which appear to have been assembled by midgets with half sized tools. Common examples being the oil filter which always leaves me with cuts and scratches up my arm and the driver's side engine mount bolts on the engine, one of which I physically can't fit a ratchet to! fwn Oh, and the carb mount bolts which seem to need you to break your wrist to get to them...

The oil cap has got to be the worst, my old MA10 used to burn oil so that was always being taken off and put back on and it would annoy the hell out of me!

The plastic deelies that hold the doorcards on arnt the best because on mine the "cardboard/wood" that the doorcards are made from cant hold it, they just break off.

Possibly the worst of all is how easy they are to rob! editted for peoples car's security

But there are definitly more things i love about them than i dislike, the only thing i would go as far to say that i hate about it is the oil cap!

Herr_spl1ff said:
the driver's side engine mount bolts on the engine, one of which I physically can't fit a ratchet to!

This is probably the most annoying thing on the entire engine. I've tried 1/4" and 3/8" drive normal and deep reach with a number of extensions and universal joints, and none of them work. In the end it's normally a 1/2" breaker bar to crack it loose then one of the smaller ones just about works... it always adds about 20 minutes to a cambelt or head change.

I reckon the oil filter is more annoying as you change it more (hopefully!) My solution for the engine mount in the past has been getting someone to pull the engine to the passenger side against the mounts! :)

boot struts are crap. if there is the tiniest bit of moisture in the air, the tailgate WILL crash down on my head. and i have changed the boot struts numerous times and its always the same!

Back