Next please!

Puddy

Ex. Club Member
Evening lads and Ladettes.

I currently have a 1.0 Twister. Very happy with it, couldn't ask for a better car - im sold on micra's.
However - i'm getting bored with it, there's a few key features it lacks, and I feel im ready to move onto something a little faster, and slightly more suited to my needs.

What I propose is as follows, and I need some pointers as to what you think/would suggest...:
-Sell my current 1.0 K11.
-Buy a K11 1.0 S (has power steering, etc)
-Drop in the 1.3 engine (Would someone advise me as to whether this is just a straight drop-in/plug-in?)
- And then of course coilover's, full exhaust and intake etc.

I can tell someone's gonna say "why not just buy the 1.3?"
To which I reply: "if that's a better idea then so be it!" although I think the S has a slightly nicer front bumper...?

Cheers!

what you looking for electric windows etc?? and fast aswell?? id just put a 1.3 into it. it is a straight fit and the first time i had it done it cost me £150. not sure what garages near you would charge though! finding a good enough engine maybe hard

Engines are cheap on E Bay but you'll find there's loads of 1.0 litres,not so many 1.3's & as the engines are usually removed you can't verify the mileages.
You could look for a rusty/damaged complete car,then have an earn out of breaking it to help pay for the conversion..
It all plugs straight in but you'll need the donors drive shafts & hubs if you want to use 1.3 transmission.
I'm going to use 1.0 transmission with a lightened flywheel,1.0 litre shafts are lighter & gearbox higher geared.Fast for round the houses,not so much fun on the motorway.Depends what you want the car for..

Engines are cheap on E Bay but you'll find there's loads of 1.0 litres,not so many 1.3's & as the engines are usually removed you can't verify the mileages.
You could look for a rusty/damaged complete car,then have an earn out of breaking it to help pay for the conversion..
It all plugs straight in but you'll need the donors drive shafts & hubs if you want to use 1.3 transmission.
I'm going to use 1.0 transmission with a lightened flywheel,1.0 litre shafts are lighter & gearbox higher geared.Fast for round the houses,not so much fun on the motorway.Depends what you want the car for..

I want to play that game too.

And personally I think it is better to upgrade a car that you know than to buy a car you don't know so well.

well, your buying an engine out of a car you don't know, thats the brain? whats to know? make sure it's not rusting and get a 1.3

I want to play that game too.

And personally I think it is better to upgrade a car that you know than to buy a car you don't know so well.

Yep it's all about acceleration & not comfort on my car.
If I was to go out to buy a Micra it would be 1.3 and save the drama but bet your life when I found out about 1.0 transmission I'd have wanted to change to that..
I aquired my 1.0,started playing then it's too late to sell cos I'm all involved..
Wouldn't mind but it's even got rusty sills to be repaired!(one day)
Puddy I would still get a 1.3 SR,it's got the gadgets & the engine you want..

Back