Newbie stereo fitting problem - Sorry for long post

D

dayloon

Hi All,

I've got a Y: reg micra which has still got the standard tape player in it. I am trying to swap it out but have got a couple of problems. I will add pictures into the post so it's clear what i'm talking about.

1st problem : Ariel. This is probably an easy one. My ariel lead looks like this :

Image004.jpg

And the socket on the new stereo looks like this

Image005.jpg

The old stereo had a male connector which stuck right out.

2nd (and biggest problem) : Fitting. How the hell is this supposed to fit ? The old stereo had a bracket either side of the stereo which then screwed to the car, the brackets looked like this :

Image003.jpg

There is no way those brackets are going to fit onto the new stereo, which looks like this :

Image006.jpg

Any ideas ? Once the old stereo has been removed, you are basically left with just a huge empty void. I have no idea how it's meant to fit in

Image008.jpg

Go to halfords and get a male/female aerial adapter, dirt cheap.

Take the cage off the new radio and see if the holes underneath are in the same position, if not get some sheet metal and make new brackets to match the holes on the new radio or if they are close enough redrill the old brackets.

hey, i had the exact same problem, as lee says, you take the HU out of the cage and screw the screws into the unit itself

or you can put the cage of the stereo into the dash fascia you have removed. the hole may need to be files slightly so that the cage goes in.

Back