Fitting in a new stereo

Ok so i bought a new stereo and fit it myself following some instructions. Fitted it together well and it worked fine. Only thing i couldnt plug in was what seemed to be to do with the controls for the wheel. Everything seemed fine then say a week later i got a problem with my power steering where my electric motor broke which resulted in a large £ fix. So i decided to change the stereo back and get it fixed.

What i guess im asking is could it have been caused the new stereo? Maybe it was more than the wheel controls or should i have earthed the stereo? I dunno im quiet new to this thing.

I know that the Electric power steering is some sort of common problem with the K12 but i wanted to know if i helped cause it or if i can go and put my stereo bacck in :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Ok so i bought a new stereo and fit it myself following some instructions. Fitted it together well and it worked fine. Only thing i couldnt plug in was what seemed to be to do with the controls for the wheel. Everything seemed fine then say a week later i got a problem with my power steering where my electric motor broke which resulted in a large £ fix. So i decided to change the stereo back and get it fixed.

What i guess im asking is could it have been caused the new stereo? Maybe it was more than the wheel controls or should i have earthed the stereo? I dunno im quiet new to this thing.

I know that the Electric power steering is some sort of common problem with the K12 but i wanted to know if i helped cause it or if i can go and put my stereo bacck in :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Pretty sure the steering is on a different system than the radio as the steering will draw a load more current than the radio fuse could handle
I may be wrong mind but unless they use the same fuse on the board it won't be directly affecting it at all

I would say i was nothing to do with the stereo install as they are totally seperate, if you decide to put the aftermarket stereo back in, you can get an adapter so the steering wheel controls work, check out autoleads website for a part number, then search ebay and buy from there, much cheaper (Y)

Back