Newbie needing advice (and introduction)

:D Hey! I'm called Renny, AKA a Micra Newbie!

So far I have only made minimal adjustments; I have had the back windows tinted and I have had ambient lighting installed in the footwells... Looks pretty rad when the colours change at night. I've attached a couple of photos of my car for you to see.

Ideally, I would like to have the car lowered (not hugely, just enough so it's apparent) and to also upgrade my rims to some larger (16" or 17"), "more spokier/sportier" looking ones.
As I've already mentioned, I'm hugely new to all of this and I appreciate all this work is going to cost ££££'s. I have developed a huge interest in cars since owning my beautiful Zippy (yep, it needed a name!) and would love to draw knowledge from more experienced owners so I can accomplish my Micra make-over. I'm here to learn so please be kind and patient :)

Can anybody advise me how much I should get the car lowered by (don't want it on the floor haha, just enough so it's apparent) and what is the biggest wheel size I can get with the car being lowered? Would 17"s work? If you can show me pictures if you've had similar work done then please link me!

Basically I want bigger rims and a lower car!

View attachment 45718View attachment 45719

Last edited:
113098ab9f7a5276ff11d9f403d202af.jpg

These were my 17's car not lowered
f59349460506f20afe547f5ea4378b73.jpg

These are the 16's its now on still not lowered
6ed7ae8c1ad3721747c0b5088cc6084c.jpg
these are 16's 50ml lowerd i think

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

It definitely looks better sat on 17's !! Thinking about getting some Wolfrace rims in December and then hopefully lower the car by 40mm... But I'll cross that bridge when I get there :) Bought a sunstrip but waiting for the weather to dry out where I live so I can actually apply it haha.

hey nice headlights. do you have more pics of them?

had they been re spread from inside or is it a new aftermarket black headlights?

thanks

It definitely looks better sat on 17's !! Thinking about getting some Wolfrace rims in December and then hopefully lower the car by 40mm... But I'll cross that bridge when I get there :) Bought a sunstrip but waiting for the weather to dry out where I live so I can actually apply it haha.
I do miss the look of those 17's for the style,having higher profile tyres fills the arches well on the 16s though. If could have got those old alloys in 16's cheap i would have. But the 16's only cost me £50 with legal tyres all round,silly not to buy them lol

I did change mine to the mk2 black insert lights before putting the covers on. Car had the original chrome bezel lights,but they had gone too cloudy to repair any further. I like the mk3 lights too :)

Hey guys, so here's an update on my situation...
Last Monday on my way to work, a taxi driver swerved into my way and caused a collision. I was going between 60-70mph so my poor Micra was badly smashed up :( It was a write-off.
I'm so angry as I had many plans for this car, the first one being to upgrade my alloys for Christmas :( It was a perfectly good car and was kept in immaculate condition, I feel so cheated that it is now being scrapped this week! HOWEVER I am alive and here to tell the tale, suffering with a broken wrist and bruising/cuts to my neck from the airbag being deployed and the general aches and pains from whiplash.

RIP Zippy, you were a fantastic car and you saved my life in a dangerous situation. Thank god the taxi driver is getting prosecuted for careless driving. The first thing I'll do with my payout will be buying a new micra, I'm looking at either getting the same model (2009 1.5 dci 25th anniversary or a 2009 tekna in silver) then I guess I'll have to tint the windows and install my footwell lights and start again!
Anyway, here's some pictures, before and after!

Before:

12291692_10153485504183001_1256189581839716990_o.jpg
16687229074_0ba198c036_z.jpg
23155704090_0899080404_z.jpg
23451528725_2b33dbdb0a_z.jpg

After:

image1.JPG
image6.JPG
image7.JPG
image8.JPG

How terrible. Main thing is no fatal injuries. Hope you have a speedy recovery. A true testiment to the micras safety record a high speed collision and no serious injury.

How terrible. Main thing is no fatal injuries. Hope you have a speedy recovery. A true testiment to the micras safety record a high speed collision and no serious injury.

Thanks Chris - I can't wait to finally have my cast removed in 4 weeks time so I can drive again :)

Back