Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Silver Raven

Hey guys, just thought I would say hello.

Some of you I have met from being at a couple of meets when I turn up with Dr Zoidberg, to those I haven't then hi, or you may or may not know me from my Japstyle 2 article in Banzai and J-Tuner(where I put in a good word for the club).

I don't have a car at the moment but I am a big fan of Jap cars in general, and for my first car at least I would be very interested in a Micra, probably a K11, so any advice and tips would be welcome.

Cheers

Hi and welcome.

Tips for buying a Micra, if your after a K11, try and get a 1.3

The top of the range pre-facelift is the SR, comes with leccy windows, central locking, body coloured bumpers and the SR interior.

Facelift you could get an SI.

Things to look out for are the sills and crossmember and also listen out for a rattly cam chain.

Make sure it has a good service history too.

Sure Dr Z would go and inspect them with you, he knows his stuff :)

Welcome :D

Oh and the pre facelift SR is a very nice find, but like scottish SR says, watch for lemons and cam chain noise.

Thanks guys,

It would be the pre-facelift one I'd be looking at, deffo the 1.3, as I don't think the 1.0 would have enough grunt.

Either the SR or Super S, and I will be getting Dr Z to help me out so I don't buy a lemon.

yeah all good advice.

scottish-sr said:
Sure Dr Z ....... he knows his stuff :)

:) cheers mate.

be no prob to take a gander a few micras for ya.

welcome to the msc mate :)

edit: the 1.0 ltr has plenty grunt, just not as fun as a 1.3

Ok then, so the 1.0 is fine

But I think at my age I won't have a problem affording the 1.3 so I'd go for that, and the CG13 is a great engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back