Newbie in the K11 Game :)

Finally after finishing my honda, Here i am looking for a K11 micra so i can finally do what iv always wanted to do..iv always liked them ever since my first car was one of these..so now on the hunt for a cheap k11 if anyone has one for sale near me :) im not to bothered on condition as il be giving it a complete re do...i have big plans for one,of which one of them is to replace the engine with a 158bhp B16 vtec from a Honda Civic would be a big job but i guess im always up for a challenge..

Thought id share some before and after pics of my honda that i have been working on for the past year..
So heres how it started life as (feeling sorry for itself)

Before:
c67f42e0.jpg

c907f246.jpg

447bfa36.jpg

And Now after i have finished with it:
null_zpsaebd7421.jpg

DSC06715_zps3070748a.jpg

your EF looks wiked mate, i just bought a micra as a run around as i just killed my CRV planning to put the B20 in my EG with 4wd but am ever so tempted to put it in the k11 ;-)

@MaxK11C :L

Nice civic, not a fan off that spoiler, much prefer the one that goes straight out the back :) but like it all the same

Welcome!

Good luck !
I know you said about a complete re-do, but to save yourself some work and time, check following for rust::
Some micra's rust more than others depending how they have been looked after - some can be almost perfect and others an absolute rust-bucket.. So check:

Sills, all the way along and by seatbelt points check they are solid or at least patched to a good standard
Front cross member under radiator should be solid and ideally newly replaced!
Inside and lips of wings for rust
Floor pan under driver especially.
Check on doors under mirrors
Rear wheel arches, at the back near bumper mounts can be brittle with rust.
Lift carpet in boot to inspect condition of rear inner arches

There are plenty about, if the first one has too much problems move on.

Ideally, and this is no joke, buy one that has been owned by Doris, a 78yr old pensioner who has kept it garaged and done 5k a year.

Thanks guys and a big thanks to blanes for telling me what to look out for :D,two pics at the bottom are how it looks now the top are how it was when i bought it last year summer..really cant wait to get hold of one

I've been waiting for someone to do this! Pictures won't load on the school PC, I'll come back and see your Civic when I'm home.
Good luck! And thanks for alerting me @McMicra :D

Back