new

dan.
i have decided that i am going to do small things. :)
btw dan you know how you mentioned have a look at the build people piost were is that ??

Yeah, that's cool mate. DOing the small things is probably easier, and will keep costs down.

And when I said build posts, I literally meant keeping an eye out for other peoples builds in the What's New - New posts section. When people update their builds with ideas or photos, it will show up there. Just have a look and see what you like.

okay no problem. :)
this is what i am going to do.

- gear knob
- front and back splitters
- tinted front lights
- cd player + amp and sub
- paint for the capilers and wheels for the time being until i change them.

okay no problem. :)
this is what i am going to do.

- gear knob
- front and back splitters
- tinted front lights
- cd player + amp and sub
- paint for the capilers and wheels for the time being until i change them.

Sounds like a good plan mate, especially the splitters (Y). Keep us updated with photos and new plans :grinning:

yea man. need the car clean defo put pictures tomorrow. :) and then keep this page updated when something new is put in :) :p:p:laugh:

:sick:
yea man. need the car clean defo put pictures tomorrow. :) and then keep this page updated when something new is put in :) :p:p:laugh:

Yeah, always try to keep us updated with photos when you get something new. And cleaning your car is the way, I polished up my interior yesterday for the first time since I actually bought the car 18 months ago :laugh:. The door handles and door pockets were so grim

You've just reminded me that I need to go out and buy filler, primer, paint, laquer, and sandpaper :laugh:. I've got a few bad rust patches, scratches, and various scuffs and scrapes, and a patch of paint missing on the door, that I said I'd fix before the end of the month. My car is going to have so many filler patches on it :down:

Mine's not too bad, it's just a lot of little imperfections rather than a few big ones :laugh:. But I'm going to have to sell it at some point, possibly the end of the year. Want it to look as decent as possible, especially when (hopefully) I take it to JAE and Jap show in September

They're both fairly similar - JAE is the Japanese Auto Extravaganza, and is basically a huge Japanese car show, held in Kettering in September. Jap Show is held at Santa Pod Raceway, in Northampton, and is also pretty much the same thing - a Japanese car show, held last Sunday (19th) and in September. You get a discount if you show up in a Japanese car, and you can also pay to take runs on the drag strip. See links below.

JAE - http://www.japcarclub.com/
Jap Show - http://www.japshow.co.uk/

I haven't been to either before, but am told they are awesome, and intend on going to them both in September (Y)

i might only go to the jap show and just to have a look at the cars and the builds and just have a fun day out hopefully me dad can come along with me aswell :D

I'll definitely be going to Jap Show, I want to get a few little bits for my car in case I can't afford to buy a new one. I've been trying to persuade the missus to come with me, but she says it'll be boring, and she doesn't understand why I would want to modify a Micra. She doesn't understand :laugh:

or on the other hand i might not go because then i can save up my money and get the car tuned up for next year :D i will hopefully have the induction kit, maybe just maybe turbo, and other parts to boost my BHP. :) but i am affraid that if i put a turbo on the price of insurance will be flying in the sky.

Yes mate, there are so many trade stands that you won't know where to start - stickers, alloys, body work, ICE, engine parts, anodised engine parts, exhausts, etc. Pretty much everything you can buy for your car will be there (Y). I want to get myself some more JDM stickers, a JDM tow hook, yellow sidelight bulbs, and a new badge :grinning:

And a turbo??????????? Yes, if you fit a turbo, you can watch your insurance double, at least. My car is £700 to insure with my mods and 2 years NCB. When I got a quote with a turbo - £3600. The best engine mods are the ones that the insurers can't tell the difference between, i.e. changing from a 1.0 engine to a 1.3, fitting an SR fuel rail and injectors, among other things. But obviously, I can't condone that sort of behaviour :laugh:

If you can't make it to JAE, at least try to make it to Jap Show though, you'll enjoy it. I've been to many a car show previously, especially when I had my BMW, and they are a lot of fun (Y)

btw will you be able to but me some stickers and send them through the post and i will give send you the money. ?? is that possible ? because i dont know where to get stickers from around were i live.

eBay is your friend

Yeah, I'd go for eBay, and search on Google and just take your pic. I got my stickers from a place called Devin Design (www.ddsg.co.uk), their prices are very good, but they can only do single colour. But I'd mostly just suggest searching for the stickers you want on eBay - you can normally find loads of JDM stickers on there (Y)

nice one dan thanks. i will have a look and btw is it illegal to i think i have asked this but is it illegal to take the back rear wiper off ? because i just want to make the back smoother.
and i want to tint the window the back two and the back main one. ans then put some nice stickers on like hks, mono, ETC.

btw mam said that you have to wait two year to get a no clams for your insurance to drop properly.

Mine dropped after 1, when I turned 23 and when I told them I had a 9 day old baby :laugh:

Don't get a shopping list what ever you do..... If you haven't got it don't get the logo it looks stupid

nice one dan thanks. i will have a look and btw is it illegal to i think i have asked this but is it illegal to take the back rear wiper off ? because i just want to make the back smoother.
and i want to tint the window the back two and the back main one. ans then put some nice stickers on like hks, mono, ETC.

btw mam said that you have to wait two year to get a no clams for your insurance to drop properly.

No, it's not illegal to take the rear wiper off. You don't really need them on Micras, I took mine off as soon as I got the car (Y). Does look a lot cleaner, just make sure you have a grommet to fill the hole in the boot (I also seal it with black silicone so I know it's extra secure, and remove the fuse for the rear wiper. It might also be an idea to remove the rear washer jet and water hose, since they'll both be defunct). Looks much cleaner :grinning:

With the window tints, I think you can have limo tints at the back (basically black and you can't see into the car from the outside), and light tints at the front. And don't get the shopping list, as Karl says, looks tacky if you don't actually have those brands on your car. Just do with stuff that isn't branded - Devin Design have some pretty good slogans :grinning:

And with the NCB, your mum is right. 1 year NCB makes a slight difference, 2 years makes a bigger difference, and then after 3 years it really starts to drop, up to 75% (Y)(Y). My insurance went down by £700 when I got my 2nd year NCB

Tints on the front windows or windscreen are illegal unless they let's a certain percentage of light through. So a light tint thats hardly noticeable will go un-noticed by the cops. Although if they catch you with dark ones, then it's either rip them off there and then or get a fine.

Tints on the front windows or windscreen are illegal unless they let's a certain percentage of light through. So a light tint thats hardly noticeable will go un-noticed by the cops. Although if they catch you with dark ones, then it's either rip them off there and then or get a fine.

Yeah, I had that with my BMW. Limo tints on the rear windows and tailgate window, with lighter tints on the front. Got pulled over, and aparantly the front tints were too dark, but I managed to persuade the cops to let me get home to take them off properly, rather than get a fine or rip them off and leave my windows looking horrible. Guess they were feeling nice!

But yeah, if the tints on the front are too dark, you can get a £60 fine. But they can be as dark as you want on the back

Good man, can't wait to see the pics (Y). I need to do an update at some point today, buying more car parts. It's just so addictive :laugh:

thants good to here man and yes it is. i havent even started and it sound so addictive. and when your young i think that all your money goes toward the cars. :)

couldn't get the picture :( but i will do it tomorrow clean the inside today and got to cloths dirty. which is a good sign that i did a brillant job. :) i really want to take all the plastics out and spray them black. :) which would be quite good :) but i am not fgoing to do that until the summer holidays. because then i will have alot of time on my hands. but still i might not even spray it. :) also decided that i am going to take the third brake light out and the window wiper at the back for now then strip the side from the plastic parts to make it much cleaner, then i am going to take the front grill with the nissan logo and put a black one in or just spray the old one. dunno yet, :laugh::p

well i am going to start work on the car on saturday :).

got new brake pad for the front and horse shoes for the back. :)
japanparts oil filter. :) oil 5 litres
and a new airfilter. after this one becomes old am i upgrading to a induction kit :)
taking the stickers and the badge of the back but i need a facelift without the logo has anyone got one?
also might take the mud flaps of. :)

Back