New Wheels and Drowned Micra :(

Mat.T

Ex. Club Member
One step closer to a Euro micra? I collected these from herrspliff at the weekend:
DSCN0638.jpg

DSCN0637.jpg

Tried them on my triumph to:
DSCN0642.jpg

i collected them on sunday in the torrential rain from a place near silverstone, all was going so well until 30mins from home at 2am i came down a motor way slip road an encountered what i can only describe as a lake which me the micra and my new wheels plunged into at 30mph. Some how the car kept running although it did swallow a fair bit of water. Imanged to limp home with a top speed of 40 :(

i took the car out today and Its running terribly since its incident with a puddle its running really badly and sound like a beetle . Also its chucking oil all over the engine bay but i can't seem to find to source arrrrggg any one got any ideas what might be wrong?

Take of the distributor cap and check its all clean and dry as a first step.

cheers Ed didn't think of that, i've just took it of and it was full of water.

rlees85 said:
sorry 2b a pain lol but they look alot better on the triumph!

i thought that too :D sadly the triumph has an old skool 3 3/4" pcd so they won't fit.

get em painted and polied up mate i reckon they will look pretty cool actually not my usual cup of tea but they do look cool ont he k10 very different

Arnold said:
Yeah very different! Are they lightweight or anything special?

appart from looking very cool, no nothing special.

Ed: i've taken out for a good long drive and it is alot better, it still hicups occsionally. It needs a good service so i will treat it at the weekend,

Matt, those rims look ace mate- also saw your post on retro rides!

you flogging your old painted steels? if cheap i could be interested....

today i experimented with prefacelift bumpers:
DSCN0686.jpg

i'm not to convinced i may go for the whole prefacelift front, but i definatly need some datsun bumpers.

Ems has some, not sure of the condition, or if she's looking to sell them but she might? Cant see why she'd want them now she has a bodykit.

Back