new toys

Spike

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave
Had some money come in today so decided to buy some new toys for the car.

After I sorted out my steering wheel and gearknob/gaitor and pedal I decided that I needed somthing to do, so I bought some Clear Repeaters (however there no E Approved, which incidently how do I sort that out?) a K&N Induction Kit and some new Number Plates.

will post some pics when ive got everything sorted

Spike (Y)

Cool, we'll wait on the pic's!! :D

As for the repeaters, i believe they're illegal!!! And won't pass an MOT!! Am i right k11 people?

Yeah i have had my clear repeaters on for like 2 years now and got through 2 MOT's with them on.

Think your pretty much doing all the things that i have done to my car..lol looking forward to seeing the pics!

yeah I assumed by them saying Not E approved they wouldnt be "legal" my Dad reckons that this would only become a major problem i.e. MOT failure if they were lights for the front of the car etc something to do with them reflecting the other way.

Will be doing a blog soon, I managed to find the pictures of the car when I first bought it, so i'll get working on that once i'm back in Uni (Y)

if the tester follows it by the book they should fail. However, the tester isn't going to look that closely if they flash clear and orange. And nothing else looks dodgy.

just to update, i've fitted the clear repeaters, but using orange bulbs so they flash with the "fried egg" effect, I was gonna go totally clear till the MOT but then there really wasnt much of a difference using the different bulbs.

pics to follow, got some more things to do first, wanna keep it under wraps, if not, see you at portsmouth?

(Y)

hmm, when i've got a spare min ill check em out, they dont look that bad atm, and as the paints red it sorta blends... if you get me?

I have seen clear repeater standard on the new mk6 fiestas ect so id imagine they aint illeagal aslong as u got orange bulbs in??

yeah, the clear repeaters arn't illegal, its just the bulbs that came with them weren't E approved, so I didnt use em

ok, now the missus has actually brought them from my house to my uni house, I can finally get round to fitting everything... after my lecture thought... bah

Broony said:
lol ur loans just came in aint it??

my loan came in on the 20th! 2nd years get em a early... not spent much of it... yet (Y)

p.s fitted the induction kit... photos will follow...

yeah im saving up for some nice seats/subframes, but trying to sort out a few things with Kris and Dave on here first.

you heading to the portsmouth meet Broony?

Back