New to this! - Little assistance?

Hi All,

I'll hopefully be joining the Micra scene soon and thought i'd introduce myself and try to get a couple of answers whilst im here.

At the moment i have a Saxo, which being French is an utter nail!
My mothers friend has a lovely little micra which i might take off her hands.

Its a P reg, in red with the black bumpers etc..
1.3 with 30K miles! (yes 30k!!!)
It looks in almost imaculate condition but obviously isnt driven very often, and i dont think it has ever done a long trip!

Just wondering what I should be looking out for?
I know the sills tend to go on these, so i'll be sure to check this and the rest of the car, but it does have a fresh MOT so i assume it will be fine.
I know theres also a small fault with the throttle body, which is just a little bit of soldering required, according to a friend of mine.

I've drive a 1.0 before, and to be honest i loved it. They drive brilliantly, dont handle too bad and are a lot of fun, even though they are a bit slower than what im used to.

The 1.3 has 75bhp, correct me if im wrong... What are these like to drive in comparrison?

Many reliability issues? Obviously being a Jap car i can only imagine them to be bullet proof!

Look forward to getting to know you all,

Jason

Welcome :) I am sure there is a thread somewhere with some buying advice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yes rust is the main issue, check the cross member also. My first was a 1.0l, to be honest i thought it was quite nippy, but now having a 1.3 it pulls alot better and the usual commute home seen me in one gear higher ie 3rd instead of 2nd going up a hill for instance. I dont see fuel consumption being much different either. hope this helps

Cheers Guys.

Will be getting a progress thread up as soon as i get the car.
- Quite like the idea of a low red k11, with black bumpers. Not planning anything silly at the moment as i want something a bit more comfy than a saxo sitting on the floor.
Will hopefully be within the next couple of weeks once I've started selling parts of mine off.

I was expecting to be slated joining the site, as so far I've had experience with the Saxperience forum only, where everyone gets slated for everything!

Jay101- I drove a 1.0 a couple of years back as it was my mates first car, i actually really liked it and thought it was a bit of fun to drive! They are surprisingly nippy for a 1.0, but i found whenever you have anything more than a packet of crisps in the boot they began to struggle.
Its good to hear theres not much difference in the fuel economy, especially as this is one of the reasons I was planning on going for the Micra, and the fact i really like the simplicity of them!

SirChris- I'll have a root around the site today, familiarise myself with everything and have a look to see if i can find the guide - Thanks!

Cheers Guys.

Will be getting a progress thread up as soon as i get the car.
- Quite like the idea of a low red k11, with black bumpers. Not planning anything silly at the moment as i want something a bit more comfy than a saxo sitting on the floor.
Will hopefully be within the next couple of weeks once I've started selling parts of mine off.

I was expecting to be slated joining the site, as so far I've had experience with the Saxperience forum only, where everyone gets slated for everything!

Jay101- I drove a 1.0 a couple of years back as it was my mates first car, i actually really liked it and thought it was a bit of fun to drive! They are surprisingly nippy for a 1.0, but i found whenever you have anything more than a packet of crisps in the boot they began to struggle.
Its good to hear theres not much difference in the fuel economy, especially as this is one of the reasons I was planning on going for the Micra, and the fact i really like the simplicity of them!

SirChris- I'll have a root around the site today, familiarise myself with everything and have a look to see if i can find the guide - Thanks!

I relate so much to your comment about Saxperience. I've been on Pug106Forums, MX5 Nuts and the Fiesta Zetec S forums. Each one, no matter what you ask, you'd always get an ego jump in the thread just to slate people. I don't understand all the hostility, haha! On here though everyone is super helpful and there are quite a few people on here who have forgotten more about cars than I'll ever know.

Back