new tb same promlems but worse

right couldnt find my old thread so here goes!

recieved a new tb from karl he said it was working perfectly when removed i believed him obviously however the idling issue is still there but this time going upto 1500rpm i have the cold start system back in use on this as it would take a while before to stay running when cold!

also it doesnt only sit at 1500 it drops to 1000 and then rises before falling so surely cant be sticking that much

could it be the engine temperature sensor causing it to rise up so rapidly?

im running pout of ideas if im honest its now three throttle bodys that this engine has had all with the exact same problem making me think its not the tb so what on earth is it!!!!

dude its had three of them from different tb's the one of this one is mint only a tiny bit dirty and bites back very well

im mcurrently overhauling this tb

It is a tube piece up of the valve cover with a sensor and two pipes? my last car was a Hyundai Accent that had the same problem, then I disconected this Bosch tube and clean with WD-40 and gasoline and it return to 1.000 rpm, if not work better, you must change by a new that is expensive. In this case the forist said it is new.

completely renevated the tb this afternoon and after no luck i bit my arm and took it to ed ran it through nissan datascan and everything electronic is working completely fine and as it should

found a slight split in the vac for the fpr changed that to a blue one and slightly better but however after furthur driving no difference

i shall be looking in more detail later on otherwise i shall take it back to him for furthur analysis as i have been through every possibility in my head!

also another point to add the vac pipe to the head we removed and blocked due to unmetered air entering the inlet mani from the oil breather filter on the other side

fair play mate i didnt know that but he even grough up the mapping of the ECU to double check its all as it should and it was.... im going to try a few other bits but it needs to be working for my holiday and japfest! otherwis eill bring my dads battered 106 to take the mikky

today me and ed replaced the ht leads and the air filter, also replacing the inlet mani and tb gaskets to be sure and welding the unused vac inlets shut on both!

idles much better and smoother but still doing the same problem and it is as i thought a while back related to the speed sensor/anti stall procedure

it doesnt matter if it does it as i now know that its ment to be like it however is there a wire i can cut somewhere to stop it from doing this? i believe the pick up for the speed to the ecu is behind the dials as i dont have wheel speed sensors.... if i cut the wire which tells the ecu the speed of the vehicle it wont bring the idle up for a a few seconds!

however will this cause side effects????

also ed said that my car was very spritely :) and looks forward to me going back there! also no charge at all

mine tends to idle at 1k when i,m coasting will, then drops to 750 when i stop.
probably speed sensor related eh, i cut mine on bluey (yel/blue iirc) cant remember what effect it had tho lol :wasntme:

I bought a tb from a forum member who said it was spot on cure all my tb related issue , fitted it idiling at 1500 rpm!!!! went to adjust back onty to find the idile ajust screw worn and unmovable the car was far far worse than before running and idiling :doh:guess id been better off puting that £35 to a new unit , sometimes buying second hand dosent pay off :( Running on my wifes tb (97R) 1.0L at present and better but im going down the lamba and ht route to solve the power and holding back issues this weekend , Good Luck anyway (Y)

Cut the ecu speed sensor wire if you want. I'd leave it as it is if I were you. Its totally normal.

its one of them things where its on my head an every car must be set slightly differently if franks idled at 1000rpm and mine does it at 1100rpm.... i can always try cutting the wire and see the effects however this could effect the ecus cruising mode etc where it pops it into lean as i know some systems can go into this mode from steady speeds taken from the wheels

First off, i haven't read every reply on this thread so if someone else has already suggested this then oops :p
If it isn't the TB then it could either be an intermittand electrical fault, i.e. loose connection or it could possibly be the distributor packing in. See if any of these symptoms sound similar to the problems your having, if so just replace the distributor with another, they don't cost much. http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/34693-K11-Misfire-Problem?highlight=

Proves you didn't read the thread. :p The car is now exhibiting normal traits, although perhaps a bit too enthusiastic by about 50-100rpm.

my car takes after me on the enthusiasm approach eh!

well im glad iot running much better wish there was a way i can reduce that anti stall feature so its much less prodominant however i shall try cutting out that wire and see how it will go however if it makes little difference or changes the economy i shall reconnect! simples

Back