Same Faults Again **!!!??**

• Thread starter Deleted member 29304
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29304

Hi All,
I have just had my car recovered & brought home due to the same fault as before Misfire on ( no:1 cylinder) even when I have replaced the coil packs (the coils packs are BREMI ) which did have the right info on saying they are designed to work on K11 1.0 2002 models. And the radiator thermostat is not working properley as I have replaced the radiator but still tells me that it is overheating. So apart from a new thermostat, what could be wrong with the engine, it's only done 42,000 miles but I may have driven 40 miles on 3.5 cylinders on the 3rd of March and driven it today also. If that is so I'm going to make insurance claim against my breakdown company as one of there recovery truck drivers told me that he could not find a fault and blamed it on the engine fault light & sent me on my way!! I use startrescue ltd has anyone had any problems of this nature before?

Yours Peter0003

Is it using coolant? And how long does it take to say its overheating?
Was the system bleed when you new radiator was fitted (air lock) does the heater blow hot?
Now missfire guessing its constant? Or does it develop as the engine warms up? I know you said its got new plugs but have they been inspected to see what colour they are and conditions, such as wet, black ect and are they all roughly the same
The coil pack connect clean and cable OK? No damage
If you were near would have a look ( I'm in Durham) cause physically seeing it is better then word of mouth , even a possibly engine bay pic could!d be of use , may point out any anomaly
Sorry I would like Im rambling now

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29304

Is it using coolant? And how long does it take to say its overheating?
Was the system bleed when you new radiator was fitted (air lock) does the heater blow hot?
Now missfire guessing its constant? Or does it develop as the engine warms up? I know you said its got new plugs but have they been inspected to see what colour they are and conditions, such as wet, black ect and are they all roughly the same
The coil pack connect clean and cable OK? No damage
If you were near would have a look ( I'm in Durham) cause physically seeing it is better then word of mouth , even a possibly engine bay pic could!d be of use , may point out any anomaly
Sorry I would like Im rambling now

Thank you nissan boy your ideas are interesting and i'll let my Nissan speicalist know and try to supply you some photo's.

Even a possible compression test
Just if it over heated more then once it could lead to possible head gasket failure
Worst out come and is oil OK and cap clean no milkshake