New "ram air" for k11

cisco

» CMF Member
I just heard from Japan that B-Crews have just launched a new product specially for the k11 March, called "ram air intake system".

That's all I know, and here is a photo.

"It makes more air into intake while your Micra is running faster than 60Km/h. Just like a turbo charger!"

Heh pretty cool cold air intake and nice and factory/tidy looking. Perhaps a final best solution for all these custom cold air intake designs everyone comes up with.

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Cisco, that looks awesome !. It's a real shame B-Crews are unable to sell to customers overseas.... I would definately like one of those. I wonder is there is a panel or foam filter in there somewhere ?.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Thats awesome! Looks like it steals one of the air dams in the grille?

I was thinking of something like that but alas I have no idea how much room I have to play with between the radiator support and the bonnet.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Okay on closer inspection looks like one would need to relocate the factory horns (or just horn if you have a s1).

Following that, modification would have to be made to the filler plate/secondary fan (if you have factory equipped aircon) to allow the B-crews item to actually get a supply of moving air.

Still I really like the idea.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
that looks excellent, just 14 years too late. thats what the design should have looked like when nissan 1st made the k11.
no modifications would be needed for most micras in the uk.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
being optomistic? sounds a bit negative to say not worthless.
this is among the best types of airbox for micra i have seen. quite similar to the grp A rally micra airbox, although not quite as good, as the rally one takes a wide feed not from the side but from the front of the box, stays narrow but gets wider until almost takes the whole width of grill from left to right.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Queazocotal has a point - not exactly going to get positive pressure in an air box no matter how well designed or well situated. Will see a decrease in inlet vacuum which is something. More important is a lower air intake temperature by avoiding sucking in engine bay air which can definately add power.

Polar, would you have any pics of the rally-spec air intake? I'm trying to work out a design for my NA buildup. Trying to decide between a pod filter in a baffled area where the battery sits and getting rid of the airbox or keeping the airbox and making a new bigger air intake tube with some ram feed if possible.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Over the 4000km i've had the car my filter has become clogged with what i see as normal amounts of dust and debris. Completely clogged.

Had it been more like the size of a Pulsar airfilter (roughly twice the size) the same amount of dust would have been distributed over a larger area giving a greater rate of flow at this point in the filter's lifetime.

Mabye the standard filter is fine for you, but in my little part of the world it is too small.

Typical Nissan small filters. I tell ya.. thats one thing which toyota has always done better than nissan.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
And before you say replace it more often... har Har Har. :p At the price nissan/supercheap/repco want for them?

Old pulsar was great. Same sized filter in the commodores. Cheap (but quality) filters for the win.

cisco

» CMF Member
First customer's car with the new B-Crews ram air installed.

This is my mate Hiro san's car:

Attachments

• 16195.jpg
    16195.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 41

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Its good except I think they could have had a more effective design if they had kep the air intake straight from the grille to the filter body.

Sure it would have covered the motor and spark plugs, but like thats a major issue.

Takes all of 2 minutes to remove the factory airbox anyway.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Yom,

You'd probably find that the intake has curved around the rocker cover to avoid the plastic heating up, hence heating up the intake charge.

All in all, I think its a frikking fantastic little airbox and you'd get a hell of a lot more throttle response and top end out of your standard motor with just that...

I'd buy one if I was modding my car and could actually import them

Sean

Attachments

• 18433.jpg
    18433.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 42
Back