Primara P11 air box for K11?

I just read elsewhere that the micra engines are quite airflow restricted, and that to change to a primera air box and change the exhaust or get rid of the cat/cats can result in quite a large increase in power for little money.
What breathing mods are there for a 2000 K11? Cant afford a new exhaust at the moment, but could have the cats cut out in a way that they can be refitted for MOT and i have the panel K&N filter.

I purchased a K11 K&N Induction kit, cost me £70 new but you can get them used on here for around £30?

Exhaust, if you can afford to buy / fit a 4-2-1 manifold do it and also decat the pipe in the middle. Seen a decat pipe for like £16 on here which simple replaces the second cat.

I purchased a K11 K&N Induction kit, cost me £70 new but you can get them used on here for around £30?

Exhaust, if you can afford to buy / fit a 4-2-1 manifold do it and also decat the pipe in the middle. Seen a decat pipe for like £16 on here which simple replaces the second cat.

What kind of HP increase can be had from doing this?

I fitted a primera air box the other day and it deffo makes a difference, you need to make a cold air feed to the front of the car to get the best out of it..
oil 088.JPG

I was just reading that thread on what did you do today, that hose you have coming from the side of the box to the front, my micra has that as standard, but a small plastic one. Is that a box from the primera p11 then? or is any primera ok, and whats that blue bit?

Good NA mod, I've done it when I had my 1.0l, tho downside is less torque under 3000RPMs. But in 4RTH gear past 4500 RPMs it was like a VTEC kickin' in yo ! Not sure if it's good for the engine on the long run tho ( more air in the ratio air fuel, a bit lean?)

I was just reading that thread on what did you do today, that hose you have coming from the side of the box to the front, my micra has that as standard, but a small plastic one. Is that a box from the primera p11 then? or is any primera ok, and whats that blue bit?
Yer it came from a p11 primera 1.6 i think that is the specific one you need. The plastic hose that the micra has as std is to small for the primera air box so you will need to get some duct pipe to make you own air feed(mine pokes out the front bumper to get lots of cold air) And the blue thing is a induction trumpet to smooth the air flow in to the throttle body and give a lil bit more power.
Just been for a blast in mine and it is a cold evening round here a it feels faster again :)

Just thinking, if you have the feed thru the front bumper, i know its a slim chance, but water getting in could be an issue:eek: cant think of the name of the water trap things, but those over on the navara forum use them when running a cold air feed to the front.

Never herd of those water trap things. But as long as you don't go driving though rivers it should be ok as it is dry atm, you can always move it up behind the head light when winter comes thats wot i will do..

Back