new owner :)

Hello guys,

I picked myself up a little micra to be used as a daily as the milage I was doing for work was alot to be running my 2.5T focus ST about with, I got myself a 1.3 manual micra on a 1999 plate with only 55k on the clock! I am happy enough with it for now, is there anything I should keep a eye out for with this car?

cheers

and for anyone interested, heres my focus

Even tho the micra always starts first time sometimes it's on the first turn over and the next time it's the 7th, is this normal?

Welcome mate,

Nice Micra, shame about the Fraud Focus.

Starting on the 7th isn't normal. Mine starts first time every time :/

Haha, what's wrong with the focus? By far the best car I have ever owned!
Not doubting it's a good car matey :)

Personal thing, too shouty. I just don't like em' :)

The only thing I do like is the 2.5 Volvo engine, but I'd much rather have it in this
8a1d56fe.jpg

So back on topic, plans for the K11?
Service, tune and restore? Or just a daily nail :)

The k11 is acually a pretty strong car for its age, well so the two weeks of ownership have proven so far.. With only 55k on the clock I'm hoping she will last a while, I drive the micra carefully to try and preserve it and save the thrashing for the focus as that Volvo engine is a sturdy beast! I would like to do a couple of small things to make the micra my own but as its a second car I wont be throwing money at it! I would be interested to find out more aboit the spec model and engine that the micra has so of theres anywhere that's good for a read or you fancy sharing your knowledge I am all ears!

You'll soon learn, the micra is by far the better car.;) The only real thing to keep your eye on is the fuel gauge, you'll drive past so many garages, you'll think the gauge is faulty.:)

Yeah the st has had a fair amount of work done to it, full cobra exhaust system, uprated intercooler, pumaspeed ultimate induction, eibach lowering springs, uprated driveshafts, rs vents, rs ecu relocator, mapped to stage 3 so should be sitting at about 300-315 bhp I haven't had it dyno'd yet and little things like New grills and the wheels are away to get powdercoated, once I have pulled my finger out and uprated the injectors I'll map it to stage 3+, cheers I'll have a read over that now!

You'll soon learn, the micra is by far the better car.;) The only real thing to keep your eye on is the fuel gauge, you'll drive past so many garages, you'll think the gauge is faulty.:)

Well I hope your right! The main reason I bought the micra is to save some fuel!

God you have turbo'd it! Didn't expect that! Haha quality, how do these little engines hold upto that kind of abuse? Do you need to change internals or they able?
the sparkmap is very aggressive on the CG engines (especially the 1.0) so the pistons are easily det-ed but once that is addressed, they are pretty bulletproof as stock :)

Sorry you are going to have to dumb that down for me! What do you do to strengthen them?
a nistune daughterboard is the option i chose :) with stock internals
and ed (fusion) on here fitted it and loaded a safe sparkmap (and a fuelmap to suit the SR20 injectors)

Welcome
I do like the sound of those volvo engines :)
As you scout through the blogs n threads you'll find there's alot of impressive machinery. Some of which will challenge or dare I say embarass the focus :D
You'll enjoy it here ;)

Before coming on this forum I would of never thought micras would of came close to keeping up but maby I'm wrong! Maby the 300+ bhp focus should be the daily and my micra the fun car haha

Well I hope your right! The main reason I bought the micra is to save some fuel!
Mine does 53 mpg on a run, driving granddaddy-ish, still does 48mpg driving dopey.
38/40 mpg+ around town, without really trying. Say goodbye to fuel stops - happy days.:)

Back