New Micra owner...

Hey all,

I'm new to Scotland - recently arrived from Australia.

I've bought a 1 litre Micra just to get around in for now, was looking for a 1.2 Clio as i'm a Renault guy, but this one was too good and offered to me too cheap, plus I kind of like K11's as I borrowed my mates Super S a few times back at home.

My only gripe with the car is this: No tacho!

Is there an easily available tacho dash available in breakers I can go and get and fit easily, or am I better off fitting an aftermarket tacho? (Just a 2" one...)

Further more, is anyone around the Glasgow area that can help me resolder my AFM... It's the only issue with the car. Everything works.

Welcome! I'll try and help but I'm new on here too.

As you'll remember from your mates Micra, that had a tacho as stock. Similarly in the UK the higher spec cars had a tacho as standard. SLX trim and the SR, Si. Maybe others depending on year.
If you can find a correct instrument cluster on eBay or a breakers then I believe that they're plug and play no messing.
Note early K11s have a mechanical speedo drive and analogue mileometer. Later ones have electric speedo drive and digital mileometer.
These to my knowledge can't be easily swapped.

Cant help with the soldering - I'm at the opposite end of the UK!

Hey all,

I'm new to Scotland - recently arrived from Australia.

I've bought a 1 litre Micra just to get around in for now, was looking for a 1.2 Clio as i'm a Renault guy, but this one was too good and offered to me too cheap, plus I kind of like K11's as I borrowed my mates Super S a few times back at home.

My only gripe with the car is this: No tacho!

Is there an easily available tacho dash available in breakers I can go and get and fit easily, or am I better off fitting an aftermarket tacho? (Just a 2" one...)

Further more, is anyone around the Glasgow area that can help me resolder my AFM... It's the only issue with the car. Everything works.
Hello tsoob. And welcome....what year is your micra????

Cheers blokes!

It's an April 2003... Possibly one of the last months they made them I think! Good to know about the cluster, i'll find an up spec dash then. Way neater than a bolted on Automter or something.

They aren't the easiest of things to find, but if you wait long enough they do turn up.
There's a green face one on ebay.......but they want £105 + postage.....they'll still have that this time next year...LOL
They go for around £40 down bud.

Ain't a project mate, just a daily driver...

I don't know if many people would want to read about a bog standard 1 litre K11 that has amazing work done to it like new tyres and a suspension bush replaced haha

Interesting to know that SR20's bolt in though, back home you can pick up SR20 motors out of Pulsars for less than 100 quid

Back