New Micra with corroded crossmember?

I'm looking to buy a K11 for a good price considering the condition of all but the front crossmember, which is pretty heavily corroded. Normally this kind of corrosion would be a big red flag, but it was MOTed in January and had no advisories, and the bloke told me that the beam isn't structural. Should I steer clear or should I risk it failing MOT, or should I even consider what I've seen a bunch of people doing and replace the whole beam myself?

The front crossmember replacement can be had for around £50 for this car, it's a bit of a pain to fit but if the rest of the car is good then I don't see why it should put you off buying it. The reason they seem to rot is because there's a little shelf below the grille/radiator that seems to hold on to water

I can't remember which users blog shows a crossmember replacement but if I remember I'll edit this post with the link

Ok a rotten crossmember can pass a mot as isn't always classed as structural
Depends how bad it is aswell, the do normally rot on the ends and can be repaired and last for a few years without issues ,
Or a eBay crossmember sub £30,
And weld in,
It's what I did with mine as it was welded up did the mistake of undersealing if which really didn't help it
And it was pretty rotten i a year
Now got a new.ebay one on for 3 years now I think bee decent ,
Depends of your willing to do the work or get someone else ,

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Back