New Micra owner

CMF_slugman42

» CMF Member
Hi
I just want to say thank you to everone involved with these
forums, its better than a geniune nissan service manual !
My K11 was not running very well ( poor thottle response from mid to top end )
All the tutorials on the Throttle body repair/servicing & ECU codes ( it took a while to find the light inside the ECU !!! DOH ! )were an unbeleivable help.
By eliminating all the electronics I found the real problem,a stuck fuel pressure regulator ( wide open ) returning all pressure to the tank ( no wonder the poor baby wouldnt go )
A bit of "Supercheap" carby cleaner (plastic safe ),and some compressed air and all was right, also I cleaned the platinum wire in the air flow meter with the same stuff (gently )
cheers & thanks again
Richard (slugman42 )

CMF_slugman42

» CMF Member
Thanks Smidge
I am sure there were some threads from you that helped
It is satisfying to fix it yourself & not have to pay through the nose for a mechanic
Also what a great little car the Micra is , Australias best kept secret !
cheers & thanks again to everybody
Ps:- my background is in electronics so maybe I can help someone one day?

CMF_slugman42

» CMF Member
cheers fred
Ill keep that in mind
but the Air Flow Meter seems to be the major cause of concern ,probably why there are so many ECU's floating around as they seem quite reliable ?
Has amyone fitted an external AFM ( commodore style ) ?
Apart from the dry jointing problem what about the platinum wire ?
A good backfire (poor fuel etc , I am going to try BP Ultimate ) could kill one very easy ?
When I pulled apart my Throttle body it look as if it could be repaired with cannibilised spares.
Also has anyone got a manual for the micra for sale or CD Rom ?
Alex B's classified says he lost his in his housemoving :p
That Consult plug interests me

you can buy one of those consult interface wanabe thingo's of ebay.. but they don't work.. least the one we got didn't work.. yes plenty of ppl have wired in other afm's... you can use basically any nissan afm or possibly any other brand but i dont know why you would (put a commodore one on). you'd need to tune the computer to suit the new afm.. most ppl use an safc.. allthough i'm sure you could jaycar it if you wanted too.

CMF_slugman42

» CMF Member
I only used a commodore as an example,although a VL (nissan ) might be a candidate ?
but good info none the less & the consult plug...hmmm
Ill check out ebay or maybe play with the one you have ?
That is if you want to part with it , did it come with software ?
I have a K11E

thanks turbo march rolling shell

Back