New member- Canberra

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Hi all,
I have been signed up on here for a while, used to have a red super S, loved it but had to sell to buy my main fun car- datsun 1600 sr20det. But when we needed another daily a micra was the only car on the list :) Picked up this LX for $1700 and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far as a daily/backup trackday, hillclimb, motorkhana car. In the future I want to get some coilovers and whiteline gear under it, but for now its awesome with just a set of R-spec tyres.

Old superS
n537426386_1493364_4104.jpg

The datsun:
20110122_003.jpg

Micra :)
IMG_3287.jpg

62340_436164547815_720677815_5809484_3290168_n.jpg

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Yep all ready :) Will be hillclimbing the micra, should stay in class 1/2 as the only mod will be wheels and tyres (road legal semi slicks). Would love to get a 55 :)

Datsun could be entered, but it has two bent tie rods from a ripple strip at wakey and shudders a bit under brakes, also has 15yo 175/65 street tyres that light up at 100km/h lol

Are you entering the motorkhana on 3rd April joel? Entries are open now :)

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
cool, ill be in type 3, i cant bring myself to run with the full interior! Im really keen to see how all the susp. mods ive done feel on the track. 55 with semis should be doable, but you might get carsick with all the body roll :)

got a link for the mororkhana? ive never done one but id like to!

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Considering pulling seats out for this weekend, but not sure if its worth it. I put the kumhos on last night and drove it to car wash, definitely less plough understeer lol

wheels are 14x6 globes off a gemini that I picked up on ebay, I had tried several sets of 4x100 wheels previously (all from aw11 mr2) and the centre bores were too small.

20110221_001.jpg

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
The missus entered this in the nissan datsun nationals last weekend, had a ball and beat a few cars :D Ended up with a 1:27 on the long track at Wakefield.

Here's a pic of a little spin with cold tyres on the short circuit :D

217609_10150169816401387_537426386_6824297_5121450_n.jpg

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Had a hillclimb today, got a new PB of 55.08, would have had a solid 54 on the last run but got 1st instead of 3rd on the top straight, and still got a 55.5...

IMG_0051.jpg

skids video:

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Sold the datsun last week, was looking at a clio sport to replace it but have decided to pay off my hecs instead.
I installed the coilovers Kovert was selling last week, took a whole half an hour lol total of 10 bolts to complete the job. No sooner had I done that then the front right outer CV started making horrible noises off-throttle. It has had a split CV boot for as long as I can remember and I've been too lazy to install the new axle I've had sitting around. Ended up being a really easy job and it now has a whole new RH front axle with CVs :)

Currently on the lookout for any k11 whiteline gear if anyone has any bits they want to sell ;)

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
haha yeah dead keen for some swaybars. Ebay dude reckons 3weeks lead time to get them made then extra for shipping/handling... fk that! Got a mate who is a local supplier for whiteline bushes who reckons he can have them to me in under a week... just gotta find some coin!

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Just ordered and paid for whiteline 22mm front and rear swaybars, camber kit and caster kit :)
Have also ordered some strut braces from japan which may be here in the next 6 months lol.
Currently looking at some 14x6.5 28P volk TE37s and hankook slicks from tirerack :D

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
could be (reference to the blue?), to be honest I was more interested in finding cheap ones than brand name ones. They have some really sweet setups that link the rear strut tops to the rear seatbelt mounts but couldnt justify the coin for it when it would make it impossible to fit tyres in the back!

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Whiteline gear installed, feels awesome now! Gonna see about some 205/55R14 Hankook full slicks for track days and hillclimbs, have a set of 13" Gemini SLX mags with rally tyres that need some dremel work to fit but will make it happen :)

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
yep to seatbelt bolts, IMO the bar is a little short for the job.
Other bars are front and rear strut tops and between the LCA pivots at the front (not a strut brace so to speak).

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
1. Front strut brace
2. Rear strut brace
3. C-pillar bar.. wonder where u get it from?
4.??? where the forth? mid car? behind driver seat and passenger seat same as "do luck" brace on skyline?

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
mimz its pretty much an undercar strut brace, google R32 tension rod bar for your skyline, virtually the same thing

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Reackon they would fit a micra? If so ill go check it out

Certainly should, the centre bore looks big enough (the main problem with micra fitment is the large centre bore requirement). I notice they have been pulled off ebay, did you buy them?

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
I have trial fitted one to the front, need a tiny bit of dremel work to open the hubs out, but they will fit pretty much the same as the globes pictured above (same width and roughly same offset, just 13" instead of 14")

Back