1.6 modded throttlebody

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Hi i was wondering if anyone has a picture of a 1.6 throttlebody they have fitted to there micra.

The reason being i have the 1.6 throttlebody that has been modified already, however the current throttlebody has 3 connectors and the 1.6 one only has 2 connectors does it require the 3rd or am i missing something.

Also do you require the 1.6 ecu or will it run with a cg13 ecu?

Thanks
Paul

Wont work right on the 1.6 or the 1.3 ecu. You cant just bolt on AFM's etc and hope for them to work properly without a re-map.

yeah but would it work well enough to drive i know it won't be perfect? could it be fitted and work well enough to bring to you?

yeah but would it work well enough to drive i know it won't be perfect? could it be fitted and work well enough to bring to you?

You'd be better off driving with the 1.3 throttle body, then taking the car for ed to fir and map with the 1.6 TB. TBH there is not much point getting the car mapped with only this. If you had a set of cams or 4-2-1 manifold fitted. This would make a lot more sense for a re-map!!

I have a very nicely tuned engine with quite a few mods but the sensor i think is playing up and i don't have a spare but i do have the 1.6 one sitting about. So i figured i could give it a go?

Back