new k10 owner needs help with host of issues : (

greetings. a friend and myself set out to purchase a car and visit mexico for less than flying air canada, and so we have ourselves an 88 micra we got for 200 dollars.

it has a lot of hilarious problems which we have fixed extremely cheaply. 2 problems showed up today though that i cannot figure out and i need assistance.

1) front turn signals, horn and hazard lights don't work anymore. fuses under the dash seem ok?

2) while ripping the dash apart i screwed something up because now the speedometer and tachometer dont work either. i have zero thoughts on this as to what to check. i didnt disconnect either of them, simply pulled the cluster of gauges maybe 1.5 inches out which is about as far as it will go since it's held back by some metal spindle thing that feeds down into somewhere.

can anyone help?

greetings. a friend and myself set out to purchase a car and visit mexico for less than flying air canada, and so we have ourselves an 88 micra we got for 200 dollars.

it has a lot of hilarious problems which we have fixed extremely cheaply. 2 problems showed up today though that i cannot figure out and i need assistance.

1) front turn signals, horn and hazard lights don't work anymore. fuses under the dash seem ok?

2) while ripping the dash apart i screwed something up because now the speedometer and tachometer dont work either. i have zero thoughts on this as to what to check. i didnt disconnect either of them, simply pulled the cluster of gauges maybe 1.5 inches out which is about as far as it will go since it's held back by some metal spindle thing that feeds down into somewhere.

can anyone help?

1) It could be a relay,bulbs?

2) Check the speedo cable where it goes into the gearbox(at the top towards the bulkhead) sometimes the cable does not sit correctly .
Tacho I'm not 100% but I think the k10 gets its tacho signal from the distributor?Maybe some one else can help

the speedo cable is firmly connected at each end i think. there is a wire out of the center of the distributor that runs to a wiring harness close to the battery and if that's feeding the info to the tach it's all connected as well.

i'm thinking is there a power feed to these gauges at all?

if you look here:
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/294112_1

wire 8 is green and seperate from all the rest. it doesn't go anywhere. i am pretty confident this wire needs to be connected to something but i cant for the life of me figure out where.

hooray!

tach went to negative terminal on ignition coil (in my case this was a solid blue wire)

horn/hazards and turn signals ended up being fuses, i just wasnt looking hard enough.

dont know if the speedo is still busted, if it is its pretty much got to be the speedo cable.

Back