new k10 owner - engine conversion thoughts needed

hey guys, i've recently bought a k10 1.0 super for next to nothing because it failec the m.o.t, it needs the sills welding and maybe new discs on the front and the carb adjusting properly. I can do most of this myself and the plan was to get it mot'd and sell it on but the thing is i really like the car, it looks great is in good condition and it drives well too. I had been wanting a project car for a while but was after metro to do a vvc conversion but now i'm thinking as i got this for next to nothing i may as well do this as a project. I was just wondering if there are any carb'd engines that will fit in a k10 without too much hassle and has anyone on here done one?

ga16ds but they are very rare engines to come by now or you could just make your own carb engine like most the guys on here with k10's why not do something different like a carbed sr20? you could go to a breakers and pick a sr20 up from a primera all day long bit of hassle getting one to fit tho custom driveshafts needed, engine mounts, gear linkage, ect ect.

surely custon engine mounts can be made/adapted and the same for gear linkage, maybe even driveshafts. Failing that i'm sure there are companies that do this kind of thing, might cost a few quid but would ne worth it to do it right.

I did the conversion quite easy
Picture479.jpg

god i want this in my pao!!!!!!!

how easy was it going over to ecu???? whats this make power wise

how long did the conversion take?

i was just thinking of putting an 80's sunny engine in but this may well change my mind

I'm guessing as it's on carbs it's not using an ecu

Back