new here guys, idle speed issues etc etc

idle valve anywhere.jpg
pipe2.jpg
pipe1.jpg
Hello everyone, ive just joined..:) my micra is a 1.0 tempest model, 2002, and around 140k miles, runs ok etc when warmed up,but has a slight rough sounding gearbox..:( and has a few other issues i want to ask about..

Ive had my micra for about 6 months ..Just wanted to ask if anyone knew what could be wrong, i have had a search and looked at other threads before joining, but didn't find anything conclusive to mine..

1, ok, when you start from cold the revs are really really low, and if i rev the engine and take foot off accelerator it conks out..

2, When we had frost, almost instantly when started the radiator cooling fan came on, and its only done this when its been frosty, the fan seemed to work fine at other times when engine got hot...???

3, I bought some air sensor cleaner stuff at the weekend and removed mine and cleaned it etc, but that hasn't made any difference...could it be idle valve problems?

4, Where is my idle valve, does my car have one, after checking some under bonnet pics of others, i thought id clean mine, but couldnt find it..

5, Also i few pics from my engine bay, do i have bits missing where the pipes are ive illustrated..

many thanks guys if anyone can give me any insight..

rik

https://imgur.com/a/09n5V
https://imgur.com/a/DSYHg

Last edited:
Sounds like a vacuum leak to me, the thing you pointed to with a hose missing is your evaporative emissions canister which I believe has charcoal in it or some such.. those hoses are supposed to be connected to something.. definitely won't help the issue you'e describing.

When the engine is cold get some water in a spray bottle and spray all the hoses in the car and listen for the idle to change noticeably

The two your asking if are missing are suppose to be like that
Fans coming on temp sensor? Or valcum leak and weird one of my micras did the same poor idle , believe it was the idle control valve acting up from sitting and cold, got it up to full temp for a while it sorted its self out

Back