www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Well this baby's fitted and sounds awesome! Cost me £189 fitted

14-DSCF0049_s.jpg

26-DSCF0048_s.jpg

26-DSCF0050_s.jpg

30-DSCF0044_s.jpg

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Long life exhausts in Carshalton! Same place Ed had his done so i went there on his recommendation. im very very happy with it :D

How much is your rear window screaming out smash me. Tip, don't drive anywhere over the English border just now :)

Allan said:
How much is your rear window screaming out smash me. Tip, don't drive anywhere over the English border just now :)
Considering his car is currently 138 miles from the nearest English land border (and 352 miles from the Scottish border) I can't see that being a problem ;)

Looks nice mate, good stuff :)

I'm tempted to give these guys a call seeing as my Janspeed bbox has a hole in it :(

James said:
I'm tempted to give these guys a call seeing as my Janspeed bbox has a hole in it :(

Go for it mate! I dont think you'l be disapointed!

Arnolds exhaust is a 3" , but it's loud enough. I can't imagine how loud yours is, i would be wary of the police if i were u lol!!!!

lol thats one of the reasons y i got a silencer put in on mine :) makes such a diff lol its nice and quiet when i want it to be :) lol

James said:
Did you need to book an appointment? Also did you get to choose your exhaust tip? Hehe

Yeah, i booked an appointment a couple of days ago, however he was still taking appointments for this afternoon when we were there this morning.

Basically before you go in, theres a rack of different tailpipes chained to the building outside. We never actually looked at these until after i bought mine lol. I said what i wanted (mid sport note) roughly 3" in size (which looked huge off the car!) chose one out of the few he bought in and then held it up to the car before it was fitted.

Very easy and simple process & as you can see from the pics, they've done a fantastic job

Just the box. i've already been told the remaining pipe is slightly bigger than stock so didnt bother changing it - it was also only fitted a few months back.

Im trying to spend less on my car so a full system didnt seem worth it. Its not performance im after, just something that looks and sounds better than stock!

i was just looking comparing prices with up north lol..i got quoted 279 for a cat back system fitted and 179 for cat back with my own nismo box on

I just got a quote off these guys for K11 stuff...

To custom build and fit a Longlife system onto your vehicle, the price (inclusive of VAT) with the 2.5" tailpipe option works out at £259. A rear box alone would come to £149.

(The first option was a catback system)

That's not too bad, and I must admit i'm quite tempted :)

looks good the flag spoils the car though! ive just got back from alton towers and i wanted to rip em all off!(not trying to cause ruptions though!:glance: ) i like the exhaust! doesnt look too big which is nice, id like to get one done myself but im more botherd about the manifold first.

Flag will be gone once the world cup is over - or we go out! I'd rather that than one of those dodgey flags in the windows!

its £159 for the backbox and £30 extra to upgrade it to a 3" instead of 2-1/4". It may seem alot but money well spent imo! Sounds like you've been given exactly the same quotes as me James. They also said it was £259 from the cat back but i said i didnt have a cat, they said it would be the same price regardless.

still my favourite car in the club :D

actually, i love the bap mobile the most, but hes dead so arnold took over

Layla said:
still my favourite car in the club :D

actually, i love the bap mobile the most, but hes dead so arnold took over
He's not! Ed drives him now! It's got a full Super S interior now :D

runaway-robot said:
lol thats one of the reasons y i got a silencer put in on mine :) makes such a diff lol its nice and quiet when i want it to be :) lol

Can this be done to an exhaust once its fitted or can the silencer only be added to certain tailpipes? Its extremely noisy and does require some concervative driving to keep it quiet (2K rpm in all gears or less!), any higher and it'l wake the dead!

Does sound awesome tho!!

Layla said:
actually, i love the bap mobile the most,

Bap mobile is standard outside! It still has black bumpers etc iirc! lol

I would of thought it could go in afterwards... they would just cut the pipe and add it... at the time i really wish i had it made so i could remove the silencer if i wanted to... nm tho :) i'l take a pic when its not raining lol

I cant see the pics of your new exhaust. Is it my PC or can anyone else not see them? :(

runaway-robot said:
I would of thought it could go in afterwards... they would just cut the pipe and add it... at the time i really wish i had it made so i could remove the silencer if i wanted to... nm tho :) i'l take a pic when its not raining lol

Changed my mind. I've since added a carpet and its a bit quieter inside the car! Also, we had a police car following and i managed to keep it low revs long enough for it to turn off and leave us alone! I shouldnt have any probs with it - i hope!

Ems said:
I think it may be your PC, the pic's should automatically load up with the thread!

Woohoo, I can see the pics now. My DNS server setting were not set up correctly. Funny thing is they were set up as suggested by BT. Ah well.

Nice Exhaust by the way, looks sweet.

Will do! Hopefully have that done in a couple of days or less :)

Cheers for the comments people

Just incase u change ur mind, ive got a pic of my silencer in my system :) works a treat, mines after the cat. :)

hehe and i had to take a pic of my high flow cat :love:

Hope it helps if u change ur mind :)

i hope he does change his mind lol, is waaaaaaaaay too loud!!!!
I've already told him i won't be getting the same one, my dad will kill me lol!!!

Thanks for the pics runaway! I dont think i'l be changing it though, i really like the sound of it now!

is it really rediculously loud? its summing id like to do but although id want it to sound a bit louder i dont want the full rude boy boooooooooouuuuuup thing going on! i almost bought a figaro back box the otha day but thought id wait and get a proper one.

bombz4 said:
is it really rediculously loud? .

Ummm. Yes! lol, but only at certain revs. It takes a bit of getting used to - working out how to keep it quiet and when to wake the dead! As long as you dont mind driving it at 10mph in 5th, you should be ok!! LOL.

The only thing i dont like about it is the fact alot of motorists are using it as an excuse to tailgate me - i dont know if they think from the look that i'l be going fast or faster than the limits but i dont, and they just stick to me so close! This ranges from your average chav through to transit vans!

And cheers for the comments! :)

Arnold said:
The only thing i dont like about it is the fact alot of motorists are using it as an excuse to tailgate me - i dont know if they think from the look that i'l be going fast or faster than the limits but i dont, and they just stick to me so close! This ranges from your average chav through to transit vans!

And cheers for the comments! :)

I get that as well. while going down a hill, turn the ignition off and pump the gas a bit. Flick it back on and POOOOOFFFFF! They disaprear in a cloud of crap with scorch marks on their bumpers. Work a treat with mine being a straight through box.

I've got a 4 1/2" Rage backbox on mine sounds very sweet. Roars like a ##### with hard acceleration. Nice one thou

Back