New engine in Questions?

CMF_cactus

» CMF Member
Ive finally got my engine in and the Questions i have are : ive got 2 stabiliser bars for front and back of engine somewhere but its been ages since i pull them off i havent got the foggiest where abouts they bolt to.. The other Question is the engine cranks but doesn't fire up any ideas?Anyone have a diagram of tdc position in relation to cam position?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
2 lengths of tube with the ends squashed cactus ?
and lobes on cyl #2 and #3 should be pointing at the side of the bolts @ tdc (ie, 2nd notch on the crank pulley), as in pic (my inlet is slightly advanced tho)

Attachments

• 51010.jpg
    51010.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 46

CMF_cactus

» CMF Member
Other things im wondering is on the coolant sensor ( white one nxt to temp sensor) the outlet furthest away from the head what vac pipe does this connect to? Ive done the outlet closest to the head ! There is a female blade plug attached to the same wiring loom as the aircon fan plug and an earth, any ideas where the blade plug goes to? Thanks in advance guys sorry for the annoyance..

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the 2 tubes/braces go from sump to bellhousing cactus (tho mine were binned lol) the purge valve empties the evap canister when conditions are met to burn the fumes off, and yes, thats tdc 1 and 4

frank

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
np cactus, the valve is closed @ 50deg C or more, so i assume that the thin vacuum pipe near the t/b goes to the valve on the top of the evap bottle via the purge valve in the head (ie, the the valve on the canister is held shut till the engine reaches 50deg)

frank

Attachments

• 51042.jpg
    51042.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 26
Back