Motorcycle engine in a K11

CMF_Loki928

» CMF Member
Hi all...
Long time viewer, first time poster...:)

I have a question, im looking at buying a Micra, and fiting a Suzuki hayabusa engine to it.. Ive seen Minis fitted with the engine, and i know there are places in england that make bits and pieces (zcars and promotive)but havent seen it done to a mini...Does anyone know of someone thats done it?? or heard of it being done??

I want to put it in the front (unlike some of the mini conversions) but before i start i just wanted to know if someone had tried...

Any advise from people would be welcome, i know it wont be simple, and have rebuilt cars and bikes before, so that part doesnt scare me...but it would be nice to know someones tried it before...

Anywho...Great fourm, and thanks in advance guys:)

CMF_Loki928

» CMF Member
Well the way it works is you use the whole motorcycle engine & gearbox, which is mounted on a frame and then mounts into the engine bay. This attaches to a redrive unit, (or kinda a small gearbox that joins up to the drive shafts) I’ve attached a photo of the Yamaha R1 engined mini version, but it wouldn’t be hard to adapt this to the micra with the busa engine (positive thinking here…:)

And it has to be a front wheel drive as the rear engined conversions cost millions and would be a LOT of work…..

The drive shafts would be the hardest part of the whole thing..

oh and if anyone has there engine out of there car at the moment, can they measure the following for me….To fit the engine in the car you need 24 inches of clearance from the drive shaft centre line to the front of the engine, also a hayabusa engine is 24 inches from top to sump so there may not be enough height at the front of the bonnet for it to fit. If anyone gets bored…please feel free to measure for me…

I really want to do this!!!! :)

Attachments

• 39753.jpg
    39753.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 24
Back