New Boot/Tailgate

Craig_87

Sideways-Only Way Forward
Hey.....i recently bought a boot off ebay..to replace my rusty pile of crap....turns out the colour is exactly the same..however my car is a 94 K11..and this came off a 97 K11. There appears to be no hole in the boot for a wiper, no space for a wiper motor, and the glass doesn't have a washer jet in it. Also the electrics are slightly different, and the locking catch is a completely different design to my curent one. Is all this normal??

I dont think the base models came with a wash/wipe, I think it was an option, there will be room to fit a wiper motor in the tailgate and the mounting holes should already be there, you will have to drill the boot for the spindle to fit though. As for the locking catch, fit your old one to the new boot if needs be.

Smooth enough once you remove the lock, why do you need a rear whiper anyway, i removed mine last year and have never missed it except when it snows.

it is a good point....and one i was seriously considering.....i dont think ill bother drilling things...specially as my rear washer jet doesn t work anyway

Back