Boot/tailgate locking mechanism goosed;n00b advice plz

Hi all, first post; I'm Sharpy. Forgive me if this is the wrong section for posting this, please move it ig its wrongly posted!

I have an 03 k12 and the boot locking mechanism has gone.

So basically i click the unlock button on the key and it opens no problem, however when i come to shut the boot it's "locked" itself while open so when i try to shut it it just bangs off the latch in the bumper. Have to fiddle around and manually open the catch using a screwdriver/key. So my boot has been permantly shut now for about a year,
Finally got around to addressing the problem but I've no idea which part to buy? Looking on ebay theres the actual tailgate locking mechanism itself, motor or the lock actuator mech solenoid.

Really nooby question but does anyone have any idea or advice on this matter? Is it as simple as removing the old part (if anyone can suggest which is the problem) and putting a new one in or do keys need re-coding and problems with central locking etc? I'm hopeless with anything more mechanical than lego!!

Mentioned it during last MOT and my mechanic said "i've oiled it loads but it's still broke"

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers
Sharpy

There have been a few reports of this, or similar issues.
Worth doing a search in the search bar at the top of the page
"K12 boot lock"
I guess getting a replacement lock mechanism for your boot from a scrapped car would be the best/cheapest option ^_^

Same problem with my 55plate. Boot would open randomly while driving/ starting car. Then locked it's self completely. Can't find the problem. My dad had to wire the boot to my cigarette lighter!!!

Worth checking the wire going into boot top right of tail gate as you look at the open tail. Ifound several broken. Also then purchasedca new rear push button from nissan and problem solved for a few years until the wirers break again

Back