new alloys 4 me 1.2

T

techno micra

hey people with 17 inch alloys do u feel the difference in the weight of the car ? and when u pick up speed ?

my friend has 17s, the car generally feels heavier and more thirsty.

i have always said 17s and above are just for show only, especially on a small car like micras.

PIC OF 17" WHEELS ON A C+C. :suspect:

Attachments

• gold wheels.jpg
    gold wheels.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 243
I've got 17's on my 1.2 but don't think its much heavier or thirstier. Depending on the tyre size though your speedo will be out but not enough to get it adjusted. They are normally only 1% out and I was told not to bother with such a small adjustment required.

ollie240585 said:
Where I live there's a Corsa on 19s!!!

It looks absoloutly stupid!!!!

Actually my mate used to have a cinquecento on 19s too, How he managed it I don't know but it looked mega stupid too.

mine where heavier but i didnt notice any petrol difference and my clocks where not out.

I know someone thats got lightweight 17's on K12 though.......drum roll please.....

lol! Hey Hey! just come back from my ban, that was actually lifted 5 days ago, but i thought i was off for a week so didn't bother tryin to log in, ah well.

Anyway, yeah they are on and look SWEET!

eltaylor001 said:
Actually my mate used to have a cinquecento on 19s too, How he managed it I don't know but it looked mega stupid too.

was it black with an exhaust tailpipe that was shaped to spell cinq ??

go for a descent set of lightweight alloys and that would help since your gettin 17's, check out some Rota's and Ultralite's and it should be alright for weight. a set of 16" rota's are like 5kg or something, so 17's shouldnt weigh too much more.

Back