new age turbo

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
is piero referring to this.......http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELECTRIC-SUPERCHARGER-TURBOCHARGER-TURBO-COMPLETE-KIT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cb39c203cQQitemZ260711391292QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_755wt_1165

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Seattle down FFS. And while I don't know what piero is running or if he is full of it, I do know the large car manufacturers are testing electric turbos with good results but there not like the ebay jobs.
Until he posts up photos then just ignore his threads.

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
even though i can appreciate the element of comic relief provided unto us by Piero, i can also totally comprehend the frustration expressed so eloquently by maat... if Piero and his posts have any credibility whatsoever, i'm looking forward to seeing some insane twin turbo setup utilising the evo7 and electric turbos.. and just to touch on the original subject of this thread: would this dustbuster equivalent electric turbo even require intercooling???

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
you would require and intercooler, if its any good of course, since when you compress a gas, it heats up, making it less dense. For an electric turbo or really supercharger to work you need some decent power supply... huge battery, massive alternator and a big, high speed motor on the compressor... even then only expect a few seconds out of it before you flatten the battery..... i thought it might be good but then i took it to its ultimate conclusion and make the electric motor so powerful that you make the internal combustion engine irrelevant.....:-Joke-:

Back