new 1.2 micra just bought

.kiz

Buy & Sell Member
well when i say new, its a used one but its noew to me.
just bought a 1993 1.2L micra from a local dealer for £400
comes w/ 12 months MOT
6 months tax
just wondering any places where i can buy some new stuff for it to get rid of the horrible grey inside there.
anyone know of any centre consoles which have been fitted to a k10 atall?
also if you have any pictures of yours, post them please so i can get an idea of what i can do.
pic:

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?381282f879.jpg

haha oh dear, well im thinking of going down to a breakers soon, only they have loads of cars, and alot of micras.
is there a way to fit a center console into a k10 micra?

well anythings possible mate, just some initiative and a bit of know how and you can do it, i find that when modding my k10 theres no specific ways of doing things, as there rarely modded so if you want to try somthing new you just gotta wing it and make it up as you go, but thats the fun in it :D

ahh thats cool, well i wana get a center console and maybe respray it, im thinking if i get normal spray paint and give that about 3-4 coats, then buy some gloss and do about the same amount, hopefully that will give it a nice look without the paint scratching that much atall
im just wondering what to do with it, i mean im not so bothered about the outside its the inside that i want to do.
also does anyone know about respraying a dash maybe?
i love the car, but the grey makes it seem a bit hoo hah, i think out of everythign on the car, the greyness is the letdown

looks really nice.
ive been offered a ripspeed rev counter which goes at £40 for only £20
im not sure about if it will work in there as it doesnt have a counter standard

ahh ok well i have a silverlake breakers yard near my house and its absoloutely huge so i will have a look round there and try and rip one out

there are also dials available for the k10 with a rev counter, the ss modles had them, i've just wired some ss dials into my car, altho the ss is rare to come by so if you come accross one of them in a scrappy then take what you can.

By center console, do you mean the plastics that go around the gear stick? The holes for that are pre drilled, so fitting one is very easy.

yeah i thouht it may look ok but i dont think so anymore lol, i have had my g/f nagging me not to put it in so that will keep a smile on her face.
ive just fitted some sony explod tweeters into the door, although i need to get new wiring for it to make a noticable difference

I'm removing the plastics around my gearstick/ handbrake so I'll be selling that. That steering wheel wouldn't suit the micra.

ahh good :) i shall keep my eye out
and after much thought, i wont get it lol
i need some front shocks too, as the MOT had shocks on advisary

get a mountney sterring wheel, normally see them in mini's but suit micra interiors very well.

Back