need to find a motor for elec boot popper?

As the title says,

i need to find a motor / solenoid to make a boot popper. Has any one got one that they have used sucessfully? Ive seen some oneebay cheap but no idea if they will work or not. alot of them seem to be powered out and back again. ie they dont return to norm on their own they have to be powered.

any help is much appriciated.

cheers scott

Haaa. im looking to fit one to my car as on my key fob i have a button that can corporate the boot release!!! the lock will need to be drilled to fit the solenoid rod!!

J

:eek:the first link to my blog, eek:blush:

Yeah ebay kits seem to be ok, usually called 'boot popper kits'. Features a solinoid, a switch, a cable to go from the battery to the switch to the solinoid, and an earth/ground wire. The switch I got was complete s#ite and broke, you'll want a better metal one that will also look good on your dash.

What you don't want is an actuator like you described, as the catch will remain open 'till you press the switch again, as they're typically used for the door locks.

does anyone know if I edit a post, will it remove the 'thanks'? I may edit/expand upon that post #69 in my blog

Back