need injector info asap please

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
hi, im currentley undergoing an engine rebuild (cg13de).
i need to find out the below info as soon as possible please.

what size (CC/min) are the micra 1.3 injectors?

and what CC will fit?

basically need to swap the injectors with larger ones

all is very much appreciated thanks.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
www.micraholics.co.uk is an excellent resource for building up your CG too. There's some guys frequent there who build up crazy engines for rally and race use. Plus the legendary ECU man the one and only micra_pete. :p

Let us know what you end up doing and what parts you use! Someone needs to build an NA screamer CG!!

Goodluck!

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
Aaron has SR20DE Redcap injectors apparantley. pressume he has custom fuel rail then?

the P10 model primera then, does any one know what cc/min they are. need the info because i need the largest injectors that fit without making a custom fuel rail. (for turbo use)

saying that...how hard is it to build one, a custom fuel rail?

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
i have just read the post titled 'custom fuel rail'

am i correct saying if you want larger injectors, get a custom fuel rail made up?

has anyone done a 'hardness' rating on this little mod? lol

thanks people

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Stock injectors only on 50% duty in stock motor (based on Motec ECU data) so there is fair scope to retain stock injectors and maybe just bump up fuel pressure a little if needed. I'll be testing that hypothesis when my NA screamer is completed soon!

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
as said above ask/look on micraholics. injector rates have been discussed before. in uk any 1.6 injection nissan (sunny,almera,primera,serena) you can take out the injectors and bolt them straight in the the k11 fuel rail.
i use 1.6 injectors in my k11. works well.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
about 690kg kerb. an estimate based on what it was when i was on a weighbridge awhile back and what i have removed since. could still be a lot lighter if i skinned bonnet and got alu or plastic panels and windows. its about the same weight as the lightest circuit racing series k11 in japan. they have the prized light materials, but also have a heavy roll cages, which i dont.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
does anyone know what cc/min the factory injectors are for the cg13de. i had a look on this site with no look and the haynes manual doesnt ofer much light either. just need this question answering.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
jaxx type in "injector information" in the search box and the rate info is there.

tony. my NA is worked would guess at 110bhp, similar power/weight as lotus elise. take a look at micraholics.co.uk i am selling it in the buy/sell section spec list written up and a few pics. i am beachman on that forum.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
cheers Polar.

apparantley they are 135cc/min flowrate. although this was for the cg10de, pressume they are the same for the cg13de yes?

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
actually i dont, what rate are the 1.6 injectors, presumably off a primera P10?

and am looking well over 150 mate. am avin a full engine rebuild.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
I think the Primera are around 160/165 from memory. How much boost??
For example Hack runs 7 has standrad Micra injectors plus a 5th one. Fuel pump is standard. Thats it. It has no air/fuel ratio problems at all as indicated by dyno run.
If you are staying at low/mid boost range I would think 4 Primera injectors would be okay.Just be sure your air/fuel ratio is okay.
Maybe a rising rate fuel regulator if it tends to lean out towards the top end.
Anyway will all depend on what boost you are aiming at.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
1.6 are 198cc. as said above you can get them off any nissan car with a 1.6 injection engine in the uk. i might have some for sale soon as i maybe breaking my car if it doesnt sell this week.

CMF_Gareth

» CMF Member
My car is still four std injectors. Air/fuel ratio is spot on. 87% duty cycle if I remember correctly, running at 7psi with the motec ecu. Makes 126bhp (94kw) at the wheels. Also has an Sr20 fuel pump I think.

If I wanted to up the boost then certainly would have to look at running bigger injectors, but I think would have to look at forged internals also, if I wanted it to remain as reliable as it has so far.

So in my case running lowish boost the std injectors are fine. Any more and I would also be looking at the pistons etc.

So you are having a full rebuild Jaxx? What sort of boost will you be running?:)

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
huge boost. hopefully will hit warp 3 lol.

pistons and rods are being forged as we speak. 2mm head gasket. big end barings, valves, springs, balanced crank. you name it. will be posting all thiS soon on another thread. not worth it at mo because iv already hit that dreaded....WAITING GAME!!!

i now know the 1.6 will fit directley accourding to alot of ppl on this site.

i think the majority of you that has tried to answer my original questions has said:

the injectors are 135cc/min on a standard micra??????????

iv even tried Nissan, cant tell me because is technical information!!!

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i dont see any reason for your mechanic to know what rate they are in my opinion. get those 1.6 ones fitted cheaply and your onto a winner.

CMF_Dickie P

» CMF Member
hey i saw an article on moddedmicras.com and it was about and sr20 fuel rail it was just a matter of cutting it down the middle and brazing it back up because the first two injectors line up perfectly, will try and find it again.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
yes, under construction at min. if you can find out anything that would be great mate. am gonna look in more detail about this fuel rail myself. seems an easy enough job if you know somone with a welding kit.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
gu niang1200 - please advise. i was going to use the ga15de TB, with my custom fuel rail, got one made up for about £8O / around $198AUS. will post as soon as i know all the details.

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
as taken from micra pete himself in a thread on the MSC
Micra_Pete WROTE:

"please take these with a slight pinch of salt, as opinions on these do differ

cg13 - 148cc/min - common belief is 135, which may be correct, however i have it on good authority from someone with links to nissan in japan they are 148cc/min
GA15 - 185cc/min
GA16 - 198cc/min

max bhp should be around these figures

CG13 - 148cc/min - 120bhp
GA15 - 185cc/min - 140bhp
GA16 - 198cc/min - 150bhp odd.

hope this helps stephen

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
K11SS - Cheers mate, helpful. but i dont think anyone knows the exact specs. uk sources say around 148cc/min others 135cc/min. not even my local nissan dealer will tell me any technical info or specification of any vehicle.

anyway i will let you know how this fuel rail and larger injectors (around 400 or 500cc/min) work out.

Back