NEED INFO ABOUT EXHAUSTS!

CMF_josh

» CMF Member
hey guys was wondering whoever replaced there mufflers with cannons please show a photo and did anyway have any problems? maybe with size/lenght.. by the way, just the cannon not full exhaust system, just wanted to add some extra noise for fun, reason im asking is cause apparently if u dnt change the muffler from the cat back when replacing it with just a cannon you'll have some problems :S

josh WROTE:

"hey guys was wondering whoever replaced there mufflers with cannons please show a photo and did anyway have any problems? maybe with size/lenght.. by the way, just the cannon not full exhaust system, just wanted to add some extra noise for fun, reason im asking is cause apparently if u dnt change the muffler from the cat back when replacing it with just a cannon you'll have some problems :S

who the hell told you that rubbish. if it was an exhaust shop.. then i can understand... their wallet is going to have problems from you not getting a full system done. throw one on. it will louden it up quite a bit depending on how much packing your cannon has...

Micra_King WROTE:

"shame they make cars sound like crap imo.

myeh, pends on what type of muff. anything our local exhaust shops/autobarn/china/supercheap sell is generally gonna sound like a fart in a tunnel :D, but i think anyone with half an idea is not going to expect a muffler to sound good when their advertised in a exhaust shop window "cannons fitted $89" lol... you can just imagine the quality of both the cannon, and the fitting

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
I have heard some great set ups on cars from 4pots to v8's but most sound like crap to me cus as you said there the super cheap crap. I was following a v6 dunnydoor with the most annoying exhaust sound ever the other day and it made me want to punch the **** out for been a moron :)

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
Ugh, couldnt think of anything worse to use just to attract attention to yourself.
why dont you paint your car pink while your at it..?
Cannons just scream "LOOK AT ME, I HAVE A SMALL WEINER AND LOTS OF NOISE MAKES UP FOR MY LACK OF MANHOOD"
:p

CMF_josh

» CMF Member
yeah well thanks for your input "jon 95SLX" ill condsider the pink paint aswel but unlike prbly yourself, my life doesnt go around having best micra on the street.

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
josh WROTE:

"yeah well thanks for your input "jon 95SLX" ill condsider the pink paint aswel but unlike prbly yourself, my life doesnt go around having best micra on the street.

Chill man, I am taking the piss.
Oh and my micra is far from perfect so its not the best micra on the street. It doesnt have a cannon muffler but I do have a 2" catback exhaust which didnt cost much more than a milo tin to be tacked on there.

CMF_josh

» CMF Member
hey sorry man jus realize u wer taking the piss outta me "jon 95SLX", but i'am new to the whole micra mods, i think ive changed my mind from selling, i was actually wondering what conversions i can do? i was thinking would an SR20 fit straight into my engine bay, any suggestions? please write back thanks :)

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
josh WROTE:

"hey sorry man jus realize u wer taking the piss outta me "jon 95SLX", but i'am new to the whole micra mods, i think ive changed my mind from selling, i was actually wondering what conversions i can do? i was thinking would an SR20 fit straight into my engine bay, any suggestions? please write back thanks :)

SR will not fit straight in, do a search on the technical forum, you should find some more info there.

josh WROTE:

"would an SR20 fit straight into my engine bay, any suggestions? please write back thanks :)

hehe, ... yes it will... why thou? theirs better engines out their (no comment ;P)

and hey, i've got a canon on my red car :D.. but it is a full titanium one that cost me as much as most people's whole micra lol... so it'd wana sound good... and even better with a bit of screamer pipe mixed in with it :D

CMF_Snikty

» CMF Member
Jon_95SLX WROTE:

"Ugh, couldnt think of anything worse to use just to attract attention to yourself.<BR>why dont you paint your car pink while your at it..?<BR>Cannons just scream "LOOK AT ME, I HAVE A SMALL WEINER AND LOTS OF NOISE MAKES UP FOR MY LACK OF MANHOOD" <BR>:p

I used to feel exactly the same way but after I got a custom turbo back system recently I went purely for performance over any kind of asthetics...and I ended up with a cannon...so i have a cannon for completely the opposite reason to what you just said lol although I still tend to agree with ya :)

Back