Need help in replacing my steering wheel

I want to change the steering wheel of my K11 with a momo race.

can anyone guide me on the installation ? mine has an airbag
which I dont know how to remove.

Im Sure There Will Be A Guide On Here Somewhere Otherwise I Know You Will Need A Boss Kit (Adaptor) For Other Steering Wheels Including Momo, As I Dont Have An Airbag In My K10 I Cant Help You With That Part But Im Sure Many People On Here Can :)

You'll need a Torx T50 key with the security hole in it. Quite hard to find (spent a whole afternoon traveling through east devon and exeter looking for one) and probably quite expensive.

search thoroughly through here mate, I'm definite that you'll come up with something. I fitted mine just by reading through guides from here, micra.com.au & ultimately the haynes manual. by those together you'd do the job in 45mins Max.

mine's not an airbag..still got stuck on the easiest part when the centre nut beneath the horn button was removed and all I ahd to do was pull the wheel out.. but it was kinda hard I thought it was still connected in some sort of way..

anger and disappointment starts rushing...haha especially when outside's has become dark too so you're working in no light and gave it a rough pull and out it came.. then goes the hub boss kit in the centre bolt, with the horn wire passing through it, then the new steering wheel through the top of the bolt and the horn wire through it s centre..

finally an allen key and tighten up the new wheel P.S. try the horn before tightening up, btw the horn should be touching the centre metal part of the new wheel to be grounded to work. if everything seems ok tighten the torx up in the pattern of a triangle . first centre top, bottom right, bottom left etc... it may sound stupid but it sure helps in having the wheel tighten up correctly.

cheers,
Ian

Back