Need a quick question answering

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Found me an engine for the conversion its the Almera GTi engine, need to know some things before i proceed.

How similar is the engine to the Primera GT, is it just the head that's different?

would the head/bottom end be interchangeabe without much work?

If so, the pulsar bottom end would fit also?

going ahead tomorrow so i need some answers as quick a possible

Thanks Guys

primera is same, pulsar isn't... i think...

Would it be possible for you to take quite a few picture of this... especially the engine mounts and where the engine sits etc.. As im goin to be attempting this in quite the near future.. cheers

kristian

how much you payiong then overall for them to fit it batch?
and how long they recon they gonna take?

hope it goes well.

Pulsar has a different bottom end IIRC, more under piston cooling or something, as far as I was aware, the only difference was the ECUs as the Almera is 150 standard and the Primera ranges from 150 (eGT) to 130ish I think.
Good engines those though, all bits should swap over without too much grief

Excellent. Will proceed tomorrow. Cost £2000 (hear you all gasp) Shouldn't take too long Luke gave me someones business card, the geeza fabricates everything himself, does alot of work turbo'ing Honda Civics etc. Maybe take 2 months or so, maybe less.

As long as the bottom ends and heads are interchangeable cuz the pulsar pistons and turbo are going on and i think the Primera GT head is better than the Almera (sure they're different?!)

Will give the guy my digital camera or pop in and take some myself, will share the wealth don't you worry :)

And so it begins!!

Excellent Chris :)

Keep us informed. This should be the first 2.0ltr K10 in the club.

Hope it goes well and the conversion is done to a high standard.

Kev

Who hoo competition!! ;) Nice one Batch! You would want an entire pulsar engine, not just bottom end. The pulsar head has quite a few imrovments. I suggest you just get the 2.0 in first before you even look at turbo, as that opens a whole new can of worms.

Ed

If you end up paying that, then that is a good price IMO, seeing as Ian's cost him much more, you getting shell seam welded?

don't think so, thought about it myself but been advised that it's not really necessary unless going to stupid bhp's (250+). good idea to?

Whole pulsar engine you think? Well expensive though aren't they?

Was looking to put in Primera/Almera Block, pulsar bottom end/turbo, GReddy e-management, custom intercooler etc. Is this not advisable, need to know really cuz it's gonna start today, will it cost more to do the above than find and fit a whole pulsar engine? arrrgh, thought it was finally on the up!!!

You can get bits of blown up pulsar engine on ebay for a reasonable price, making the shell stiffer is def a good idea, esp. in a K10 IMO

yeah....but it's been blown up :)

basically i need to be able to just give the guy the stuff and let him work his magic, don't have much in the way of time ATM. Will have a quick check around the online breakers yards and on GTiroc.

Will look into the shell strengthening (again) :(

making shell stonger/stiffer can only be a good thing,your obviously spending alot on the conversion so why not spend a litle more ?

true true...but the fact that i'm spending alot is what is causing my premature greyness in the hair department.

Still looking for a Pulsar/ Sunny GTi-r Engine, if i can't find one for the right price by Wednesday it's just gonna have to be the 2.0 Almera/Primera block and then a turbo conversion later. The bottom/top ends are interchangeable so i've been told on various forums so turbo'ing it shouldn't be too much bother!!!!!???? :( :( :( :(

Can't believe i actually said those words!! :/

I seriously suggest you say with standard SR20 for now. Dont go overboard, you have no idea how much turbo cars can cost compared to NA....

fair point, can't find a decent SR20DET anyway for the same kind of cash so don't think i'll have much choice.

Was my initial plan so i'll probably stick to it.

Back